TekSynap, a Fast 50 technology company in the Washington DC area that offers technology solutions to federal, state and local government agencies. We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com.
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
We are seeking an entry level AV/VTC technician to supportJoint Service Provider (JSP) customers in the National Capital Region. Greatopportunity for DoD / Pentagon experience. The JSP provides a full range of ITproducts, services, solutions and customer support to the OSD 4th Estateoffices (to meet mission and business requirements. The JSP also providesadvice and assistance to senior managers to ensure IT and information resourcesare managed in a manner that implements DOD policies, procedures establishedpriorities.
- Provides on-site VTC, audio conferencing and bridging support services
- Assists with connecting to non-JSP bridging and end-user endpoints as required
- Identifies and utilizes the most effective connection paths available to increase the reliability of VTC sessions and schedule, facilitate, and monitor VIP point-to-point planned calls to outside entities via Telepresence Management Suite as appropriate
- Aides Supported Agencies with bridging for classified and unclassified point- to-point and multi-point VTC conference sessions, or audio conference sessions
- Assist users in reserving, establishing, testing field endpoints, monitoring, and point-to-point and multi-point VTC sessions, and audio conference sessions through JSPs VTC bridges
- Provides on-site dedicated AV/VTC Conference Room Support with primary function to provide professionally-run AV/VTC services, to include scheduling/setting up AV/VTC calls, testing the calls prior to meetings, monitor the calls and provide immediate tech support as needed, and run presentations as needed, and escalate and report issues in a timely manner
- Conducts daily operational tests and fault isolation on AV/VTC systems and equipment
- Establishes, executes and delivers a daily AV/VTC system checklist report to ensure all potential steps are taken to mitigate the disruption of an AV/VTC session
- Provides audio-visual support to conference rooms
- Prepares conference rooms for upcoming presentations
- Performs post-conference checks to conference rooms
- Displays customer-supplied briefing materials using installed or customer furnished audio-visual equipment
- Reserves, schedules, and sets up audio visual equipment
- Coordinate requirements with customers and distant-end customers using the appropriate software to update the reservations database
- Reports incidents and issues affecting the AV/VTCs in facilitated spaces to JSP leadership immediately through telephone call and email
- Provide ongoing updates as required and an email wrap-up of all incidents for each conference at the end of the conference, indicating mitigation efforts
- Updates Remedy as required to open tickets for work that must be done by JSP to resolve incidents affecting AV/VTC sessions
- Contact far endpoints to ensure they are resolving issues that affect the performance of AV/VTC sessions
- Provides classified hardware support for the KIV-7 and KG194 encryption units used in these areas, including monthly Over-the-Air-Rekeys (OTARs).
- Maintain and operate a wide variety of VTC equipment to include cameras, microphones, audio and video playback, recording, and duplication devices.
- Provide AV support to conference rooms, prepare conference rooms for upcoming presentations, perform post-conference check for conference room, present customer supplied briefing materials using installed or customer furnished audio-visual equipment, display customer supplied briefings via PowerPoint, video tape, overhead viewgraphs, and audio tape.
- Conducts routine operational tests and fault isolation on AV/VTC systems and equipment.
- Reserve, schedule, and set up audio visual equipment as required.
- Coordinate requirements with customer and distant-end, using the appropriate software to update reservations database.
- Support will be provided in the following DOD locations candidate must be willing to travel to each location:
- JSP Front Office conference room
- Mark Center Conference Center
- Pentagon Conference Center
- DSCA conference rooms in Crystal City. These conference rooms entail the Directors Conference Room and DSCAs Main Conference Room.
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Secret Clearance
- Preferred - hold Security+CE or equivalent 8570 compliant certification
- Preferred - hold one of the following certifications:
- Crestron Certified Programmer
- Certified Technology Specialist
- Cisco Collaboration Expert
- Cisco Collaboration Internetwork Expert
- Polycom Certified Conferencing Engineer
- U.S. Citizen
- Establish Focus
- Performance Management
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Persuasive Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: National Capital Region
- Type of environment: Indoor setting
- Noise level: Medium Loud
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday Friday, during the hours 6AM 6PM. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.)
- Amount of Travel: Less than 20%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as protected status). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.