Are you ready to step up to the New and take your technology expertise to the next level?
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements, in conjunction with the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value, provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/ or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward. We partner with our clients to help transform their data into an Appreciating Business Asset.
As part of our Data Business Group, you will lead technology innovation for our clients through robust delivery of world-class solutions. You will build better software better! There will never be a typical day and thats why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client initiatives are unlimited in the ever-changing technology landscape. You will be part of a highly collaborative and growing network of technology and data experts, who are taking on todays biggest, most complex business challenges using the latest data and analytics technologies. We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have an opportunity to work in roles such as Data Scientist, Data Engineer, or Chief Data Officer covering all aspects of Data including Data Management, Data Governance, Data Intelligence, Knowledge Graphs, and IoT. Come grow your career in Technology at Accenture!
The Amazon AWS Data Engineer is responsible for delivering Data On Cloud projects for Amazon AWS based deals. The ideal candidate would be responsible for developing and delivering AWS cloud solutions to meet todays high demand in areas such as AIML, IoT, advanced analytics, open source, enterprise collaboration, microservices, serverless, etc. The AWS Data Engineer is a highly performant engineer responsible for delivering Cloud based Big Data and Analytical Solutions at our clients. Responsibilities include building data on cloud solutions at customers, leading Business and IT stakeholders through designing a robust, secure and optimized AWS solutions and ability to be hands-on delivering the target solution. This role will work with customers and leading internal engineering teams in delivering big data soltuions on cloud. Using Amazon AWS public cloud technologies, our AWS Data Engineer professionals implement state of the art, scalable, high performance Data On Cloud solutions that meet the need of todays corporate and emerging digital applications.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide subject matter expertise and hands on delivery of data capture, curation and consumption pipelines on AWS and Hadoop
- Ability to build cloud data solutions and provide domain perspective on storage, big data platform services, serverless architectures, hadoop ecosystem, RDBMS, DW/DM, NoSQL databases and security.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new solutions and migrating existing data applications on the AWS platform.
- Build full technology stack of services required including PaaS (Platform as-a-service), IaaS (Infrastructure as-a-service), SaaS (software as-a-service), operations, management and automation.
- Apply Accenture methodology, Accenture reusable assets, and previous work experience to delivery consistently high-quality work.
- Stay educated on new and emerging technologies/patterns/methodologies and market offerings that may be of interest to our clients.
- Understand the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Use considerable judgment to define solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture. Establish methods and procedures
on new assignments with guidance.
- Manage small teams of delivery engineers successfully delivering work efforts (if in an independent contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
- Extensive travel may be required
- At least 5 years of Consulting or client service delivery experience on Amazon AWS (AWS)
- At least 5 years of experience in developing data ingestion, data processing and analytical pipelines for big data, relational databases, NoSQL and data warehouse solutions
- Extensive experience providing practical direction within the AWS Native and Hadoop
- Experience with private and public cloud architectures, pros/cons, and migration considerations.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in AWS and Big Data technologies such as Java, Node.js, C##, Python, SQL, EC2, S3, Lambda, Spark/SparkSQL, Hive/MR, Pig, Oozie and streaming technologies such as Kafka, Kinesis, NiFI etc.
- Extensive hands-on experience implementing data migration and data processing using AWS services: VPC/SG, EC2, S3, AutoScaling, CloudFormation, LakeFormation, DMS, Kinesis, Kafka, Nifi, CDC processing Redshift, Snowflake, RDS, Aurora, Neptune, DynamoDB, Hive, NoSQL, Cloudtrail, CloudWatch, Docker, Lambda, Spark,Glue, Sage Maker, AI/ML, API GW, etc.
- 5+ years of hands on experience in programming languages such as Java, c#, node.js, python, pyspark, spark, SQL, Unix shell/Perl scripting etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of RDBMS experience
- Experience in using Hadoop File Formats and compression techniques
- Experience working with DevOps tools such as GitLabs, Jenkins, CodeBuild, CoePipeline CodeDeploy, etc.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
Candidate Must Have Completed The Following Certifications
Certified AWS Developer - Associate Certified AWS DevOps Professional (Nice to have) Certified AWS Big Data Specialty (Nice to have)
- DevOps on an AWS platform. Multi-cloud experience a plus.
- Experience developing and deploying ETL solutions on AWS using tools like Talend, Informatica, Matillion
- Strong in Java, C##, Spark, PySpark, Unix shell/Perl scripting
- IoT, event-driven, microservices, containers/Kubernetes in the cloud
- Experience in Apache Maven a plus
- Understanding and implementation of Data Lake architectures
- Understanding NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Hbase is a plus
- Understanding Solr, Elasticsearch is a plus
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
All of our professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You ll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.