Background Verification Specialist I
Robert Half is seeking a Background Verification Specialist I who will partner with the Manager, Background Checks to define high level goals and objectives for providing premier customer services support to our internal and external clients. The customer service team will partner closely with the Manager, Background Checks to solution customer service issues and continue to educate our branch partners on background check industry standards, processes and best practices.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work closely with customers as a liaison, to identify and assess customers (field, corporate service departments and candidate) needs in resolving existing or emerging problems, escalating as appropriate.
- Effectively manage large amounts of incoming calls and emails, researching and completing tasks specific to: Field and candidate questions/issues
- Point of contact for internal and external clients on background check submission status, issues or questions related to regulatory compliance
- Support all elements of background checks including development of new processes, training and program opportunities, improving field communication and improve service levels.
- Document and maintain tasks specific to customer service, including processes and policies.
- Identify and present solutions to ensure excellent service standards and maintain high customer satisfaction within the prescribed 2 hour service level response time for Background Verifications/Drug Screen/Credit/Health Screen programs.
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication. Take the extra mile to engage customers by proactively seeking feedback to identify improvement opportunities. Responsible and accountable for maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected candidate information.
- Perform additional program support activities as presented by management, which could include focus groups, collaboration meetings etc.
- Participate as primary troubleshooter, proactively monitor and resolve system/vendor inquires or issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Collaborate with other Background Verification team members or corporate department teams to ensure service levels are being met for optimal user satisfaction, and adherence to best practices and government regulations
- Ensure that timely and accurate BGC processing meets or exceeds expected business needs and objectives
- AA or equivalent job experience
- Previous experience with background checks preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office suite (Outlook, Excel and Word).
- Ability to learn new systems and applications quickly.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Understanding of customer service and/or technical support service.
- Strong interpersonal skills that will enable this position to work well with key stake holders; team organization skills.
- Ability to interact and communicate with customers of varying levels of expertise.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to less-technical users.
- Ability to communicate in-depth business processes to technical resources.
- Demonstrated customer service abilities.
At Robert Half, theres more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what its like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California corporate office. We are Robert Half - Take a look!
Follow us on Twitter @RH Corp Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Halfs corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to: Corporate Staffing Robert Half 2613 Camino Ramon San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA SAN RAMON CORP