Ele\'s Place Greater Flint and Genesee County – Flint, MI
A minimum of LLMSW, LLP, LLMFC, or LLPC state licensure (or equivalent state licensure with a Master s degree in a mental health related field)
Position Requirements (Skills & Abilities):
- Experience working in bereavement
- Knowledge of grief issues and community resources
- Experience working with volunteers
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, informational management systems, and web navigation
- Professional integrity; responsible and accountable
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a diverse team
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides guidance for Eles Place families about programming questions and concerns. Identifies and coordinates Eles Place families in need of referrals to mental health therapists, protective services, or other outside resources.
- Provides guidance/support/feedback to facilitators and volunteers. Briefs them about new family updates, procedures, and other announcements. Ensures all program set-up/clean-up work is completed.
- Coordinates and conducts family intakes and orientations; provides follow-up and referral as needed.
- Maintains family records, including records of applications sent and received, and ensures that family information on database system is correct and up-to-date.
- Coordinates group assignments for family members, with assistance from Program Director.
- Assists callers and visitors with inquiries seeking information, guidance, and/or referrals.
- Maintains inventory of program supplies and ensures that supplies are procured.
- Helps to ensure that child safety policies, emergency procedures and building safety policies are followed by all program staff and volunteers.
Off-Site Groups Program (as assigned):
- With school counselor (or other designated staff at off-site location), co-facilitates the 8-week Eles Group session. Maintains contact with counselor and exchanges feedback throughout the session.
- At the end of the session, debriefs with counselor and ensures program evaluation tools are completed. Provides reports to the School Program Coordinator or Program Director
- Assists with the ongoing improvement of the program; helps to develop, and update as needed, curriculum plans, evaluation and other materials.
- Works with principals and school counselors at designated partnering schools, and with appropriate staff at other off-site locations, to schedule and implement off-site groups, and to schedule informational sessions for teachers and other staff.
On-Site and Off-Site Program:
- Fulfills one or more of the following specific responsibilities, as assigned:
- Produces quarterly family bulletin
- Compiles satisfaction survey results
- Assists with facilitator training program by presenting one or more topics
- Plans for and coordinates activity room projects
- Makes presentations to community groups, teachers, physicians, etc. about Eles Place and childrens grief issues
- Keeps therapist referral list and/or community resources lit up-to-date
- Coordinates other projects, as assigned
- Participates in Program Team meetings and works with the staff to ensure applicable strategic plan goals are achieved.
Job Type: Part-time
- Group Facilitation: 1 year (Required)
- Bereavement: 2 years (Required)
- LLMSW, LLP, LLMFC, or LLPC (Required)
Hours per week:
Overtime often available: