BI ETL Developer III (MO)
Job Id : 15034
Jobtitle : BI ETL Developer III (MO)
Location : Grafton, IL
Company Name : Spectrum
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $61,000 - $99,000 PER YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2020-07-30
Required Skills : Backend, CSharp, DevOps, Matlab, PHP, SDE, ETL, Python, SQL
Benefits : No benefits are available
Job Description:As part of the Business Intelligence team, the ETL Developer III plays a key role in designing, developing and supporting new and existing ETL framework solutions. The framework developer s primary contribution to the team involves developing common and reusable components that be used by cross-functional delivery teams. Projects are usually of considerable complexity and require a mastery of development tools. Performs maintenance and provides technical assistance and advice on existing software solutions. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the IT team and Architecture team members to achieve business objectives.
- Design, develop, implement, and support new and existing data integration software using UNIX, Teradata, and Hadoop.
- Influences system design by identifying and recommending design and requirements needs for software enhancements
- Leads code review sessions to validate adherence with development standards. Reviews and provides input into development standards.
- Maximizes the efficiency of the various software systems by implementing, monitoring, testing and auditing new software programs
- Participates in continuous performance improvement sessions to discuss opportunities to improve processes or standards
- Follows established configuration/change control processes
- Develop technical documentation to support production deployments as well as ongoing maintenance of existing framework and data solutions
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve data quality and performance issues
- Communicate complex topics and analyses to non-technical business personnel.
- Provide an accurate level of effort estimates for data integration development to management.
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
Required Qualifications: Skills/Abilities and Knowledge:
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, MS Project, etc.)
- Ability to work with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations
- Ability to perform detailed business analysis and design
- Ability to transform business requirements into a technical solution.
- Knowledge of different ETL design and development methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and Stored Procedures
- Strong understanding of BI/DW architecture and concepts
- Strong understanding of how data governance plays a role in BI.
- Strong understanding of how multiple data sources can be consolidated together to produce BI Solutions.
- Bachelor s degree or foreign equivalent in Information Technology or business-related field, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of SQL Query Design in large-scale data warehouse environments
- 7+ years of data integration development using ELT methodology
- 7+ years of data collection and database/report design
- 7+ years of work experience in delivering IT/BI solutions
- 5+ years of UNIX shells scripting
- 2 + years of experience working with Teradata database & Utilities
- 2+ year of Python experience
- 2+ Years of Hadoop experience
- Experience working with Telecom/Cable MSO data and applications
- Certification on Teradata and/or MicroStrategy, Tableau is a plus
- Experience working with Teradata utilities like TPT, FastLoad, Multi Load, Tpump, Teradata stored procedures
- Experience with various relational databases like Oracle, Mysql, Microsoft SQL, and Teradata
- Experience in Big Data related technologies like Hive, PIG, PySpark, Spark, Hbase etc.
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud platform big data tools such as Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), S3, Redshift, snowflake.
- Experience working with bash scripting and the AWS CLI in Linux-based systems
- Advanced data souring mechanism including CDC (IBM IDR) and Kafka
- Experience working with ETL workflow and scheduling applications
- Experience on version control tools like SVN and Git/Bit bucket
- Knowledge on JIRA ticketing system
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban and SAFe
Associated topics: backend, c#, develop, DevOps, Matlab, PHP, sde, software development engineer, software engineer, software programmer