Job Description Bring Your Passion to the Forefront: Billing Analyst I, OR Administration, Full-Time, Day Shift, University of Chicago Medicine in Hyde Park, Chicago, IL
We re hiring a Billing Analyst I for the OR Administration department in a full-time, day shift at the University of Chicago Medicine in Hyde Park, Chicago, IL!
The Billing Analyst I monitors billing operations for specific service lines or groups under the direction of the Senior Billing Analyst. In this role, you will work closely with the Senior Billing Analyst, Supply Chain, Nursing group and Perioperative Leadership to verify accuracy and reconcile supply and facility-based charges. The Billing Analyst I also audits charts to verify charge documentation, identifies patterns and makes recommendations for workflow changes to reduce charge capture issues.
Billing Analyst I Essential Job Functions
- Ensures all Supply and Facility charges are posted within 4 days of the date of service for all assigned service lines or groups (or discharge date if applicable).
- Follows all departmental policies, procedures, and billing regulations such as LMRPs, APCs, diagnosis coding and documentation.
- Interfaces with Nursing, Vendors, and Supply Chain to reconcile discrepancies in charge and procedural documentation
- Works with Supply Chain to enter new product information to assure correct accounts and billing codes have been assigned.
Assists in resolution of charge disputes.
- Performs other duties related to revenue capture and reimbursement as assigned.
Billing Analyst I Required Qualifications
- High School diploma required
- Minimum 1-3 years experience with hospital billing operations required
- Proven working knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding systems required
- Certification within twelve months of job hire required:
- CPC, RHIT, RHIA or any combination.
- Successful completion of medical terminology class
- Familiarity with large healthcare information systems
- Experience in PC based spreadsheets and word processing
- Must be analytical and have excellent written and verbal communications
- Demonstrated experience in managing interpersonal relationships and in handling multiple priorities effectively
Billing Analyst I Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Operating room billing operations preferred
- Past experience with IDX, OACIS, EPIC and/or Last Word preferred
- AAPC preferred
About Us: Located in historic Hyde Park, UChicago Medicine is an anchor institution in the Southside of Chicago and has been at the forefront of medical care since 1927, when it first opened to patients. Since then, our growing footprint has allowed us to expand exponentially, providing access to world-class, ground-breaking care to communities all over Illinois and northwest Indiana. This past December, we opened our doors to the newest, most state-of-the-art adult emergency department in the state of Illinois, followed by the launch of a Level 1 Adult Trauma Center in May. As of this spring, UChicago Medicine received Magnet designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Our team of nurses and interdisciplinary professionals are the best in class and provide the highest level of excellence in patient care. In addition, this year we received our 13th consecutive A rating from the Leapfrog Group for hospital safety. We are proud to be recognized amongst an pool of elite hospitals in the nation that consistently receive top ratings by U.S. News & World Report, including three UChicago Medicine specialties - cancer (#31), gastroenterology & GI surgery (#42) and gynecology (#46) . Twelve Nobel Prize winners in physiology or medicine have been affiliated with the University of Chicago Medicine. Why Join Us Weve been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment with patients and with each other. Were in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If youd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, were doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront, University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.