Billing Office Specialist- Fertility Clinic
Seattle Reproductive Medicine – Tacoma, WA
Practice: Seattle Reproductive Medicine
Location: Tacoma, WA
Position Title: Billing Office Specialist
Job Status: 40 hours/wk Monday-Friday
Seattle Reproductive Medicine, an IntegraMed Affiliate, is a fertility clinic serving the Pacific Northwest region. We ve been helping to create life in Seattle for 14 years. We re proud that our efforts have resulted in over 10,000 babies. Our mission is to offer state of the art reproductive health care, so that people can live healthier, happier lives.
- Supports the Financial Counseling team by contacting the primary and secondary insurance payers to collect and document medical and fertility insurance benefits, coverage, maximum benefits/deductibles and current use, authorization requirements and other pertinent information.
- Run daily reports to identify upcoming appointments to determine insurance that needs to be verified.
- Document and update insurance benefit information
- Review upcoming appointment reports to identify patients who may need authorization for services.
- Ensure proper authorizations are in place prior to time of appointment.
- Assist with obtaining and entering referrals, authorizations and predeterminations on behalf of the patient into the system.
- Effectively works with assigned insurance carrier(s) to resolve referral, authorization and predetermine issues.
- Responsible for reviewing and interpreting patient accounts as applicable.
- Review insurance for accuracy and correct if necessary
- Regularly work payer rejects and clearing errors
- Run and work unbilled encounters report, determine reason for unbilled encounter, correct and rebill
- Process charge and billing correction requests
- Mail return follow-up
- Act as back up for incoming patient calls and assists accordingly providing excellent customer service
- Back up for IBV and Authorization Specialists.
- Post patient payments as needed.
- Ensures medical payments, allowances, adjustment, denial, and rejections are posted correctly and informs appropriate team of needed follow-up
- Identify and report any payment discrepancies
- Reviews and ensures corrections are made
- Identify and correct billing errors and resubmit claims to insurance carriers
- Provides explanatory notes in the billing system where warranted
- Follow through to completion all assignments
- Inform Manager or Billing Lead of trends, inconsistencies or discrepancies for immediate resolution
Education and Position Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 year healthcare billing experience
- Computer literate, with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, as well as a high level of initiative in keeping current with technological change.
- Ability to prioritize workload and activities of self and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Dependable, able to work under pressure, receptive to change, willingness to learn, cooperative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients, and outside contacts from a wide variety of ethnic, socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds; good diplomatic skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and seek supervision when appropriate.
- Knowledge of insurance verification, authorization, billing and claims processing
- Knowledge of CPT coding and ICD 10
- Must possess outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to stay on task with minimal supervision to adapt to a constantly changing environment
Please forward your salary requirements, resume, and cover letter to [email protected] We look forward to hearing from you.