Things you need to know about CPT Visa Back-Up Plan

CPT visa jobs backup plan

F1 visa is a student’s visa for studying in USA and a good opportunity for gaining work experience in the form of CPT or OPT Jobs.  After you graduate in the United States, if the H1B draw is not drawn and the OPT is about to end, you may consider returning to school to extend F1 status. If H1B does not work, you can consider going to the F1 School for a language school transition. If you want your child to come to the United States to study, but do not want to pay for an expensive private school, you can sign up for a F1 student and a child as an F2, and your child will be able to go to public elementary and secondary schools for free. If you want to give birth to your child in the United States and you are afraid that a visitor’s visa cannot be imported into the country, then filing for an F1 student visa is a much safer choice. If you are a visitor to the United States, want to apply for an EB5 investment immigration, and want to stay in the United States for I-526 approval to adjust their status, consider submitting I-526 prior to F1 status.

The issuance of an I-20 form to your school is a matter of formal business and is linked to your student visa, changing the chances of your status being approved. Choosing a non-compliant school in question may result in the rejection of your F1 visa and the rejection of your conversion status, which could result in the revocation of your F-1 status and, in severe cases, may even affect your chances of getting in and out of the United States. The University of Northern New Jersey, which caused so much trouble this year, left thousands of students unprotected or pending.

Here, the article summarizes the steps that are necessary to help you choose, as much as possible, a qualified school that maintains an F-1 valid identity.

Step one: Make sure the school is a SEVP (Student and Exchange Visitor Program) certified school under the DHS (United States Department of Homeland Security).

In theory, a school wants to have the right to approve F-1 students entering school and has the right to issue I-20s, so the school needs to pass the DHS’s audit and certification. The school’s Certification Status (Certification Status) can be found on DHS’s website at the address here.

Step Two: Review the school materials and work process.

A DHS-accredited SEVP school does not equal its full compliance with the F-1 visa and SEVIS requirements. Before entering school, students should read school information on school websites or other resources and review relevant information including history, academic programs, student guides, and more. If you are not good at English, you can find acquaintances to help look at the school website or presentation information if there are a lot of obvious grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, such as self-contradictory, then such a school is certainly not a safe choice.

Step Three: Find Academic Accreditation Schools whenever possible.

Academic recognition of the school is the United States Department of Education certified by the appropriate academic degree certificates issued by the school. A SEPS-accredited school that passes DHS only is not necessarily an academic accredited school. Enter such a school, will waste unnecessary time and money, and affect your future job search. School approval status can be found on this website.

Step Four:  Try to find a reputation and reputation of the school.

These schools are not necessarily Ivy League elites, but they have some local roots, community relations and awareness. For example, state universities, community colleges, Christian colleges and so on. But best not to Pheasant University or correspondence university.

Step Five: See if the school violates the F-1’s regulatory requirements

An international student who has been successfully enrolled in an F1 visa, even if he or she did not commit any mistakes, may also be disqualified from F-1 because of non-standard operation of the school. We cite a few common questions to alert readers to:

  1. CPT is usually started only after F-1 students have completed a one-year school year. Some graduate programs do not need to go through CPT visa after one school year, but you must prove that the internship is closely related to the course. If a college or language school, all of its students can apply for CPT admission to school, or the school to use CPT visa to attract students to enroll or raise tuition, it may violate the relevant laws and regulations. Such schools should be avoided.
  2. School network teaching class time should be limited. Although many schools now offer online classes, federal law states that every full-time student cannot opt ​​for more than one course per semester or more than three credits of eLearning. F1 students to physical school classes, cannot rely on online courses to maintain their identity.
  3. Schools should have suitable schools, teaching buildings and classrooms. Students are advised to entrust relatives and friends to study the actual size of a school before leaving school.
  4. Even a community college for the general public should have a reasonable review of the application process. If a student’s application is approved quickly and without any substantial review, the school may not be formal.
  5. If students do not have to go to school, they can leave no one in charge and they can continue to register. There must be problems in these schools. A troubled school may jeopardize your F1 status.
  6. If you get an undergraduate degree from a non-accredited school in the United States, you may have difficulty applying for H1B. Master’s degree or above from “for profit” university in USA may not be able to claim extra quota for US advanced degree holders.

In short, if a school tuition fee is low, admission is too easy, there is no attendance and examinations, not transcripts issued, does not require CPT work related to majoring in education, students must think of an old saying: too good to be true!

Posted Under