A data analyst job is among one of the most popular career choices nowadays. Students are opting for this field as this is booming and it has more potential for growth. There are several requirements for students to fulfill like having a relevant educational degree and professional experience, and required skills. A data analyst is expected to collect, manage, interpret, and analyze data in the company’s projects. The data collected is analyzed and interpreted to make financial policies for the company, to maximize the profit in the company.
Being a data analyst puts many responsibilities upon the candidate, they have to work on small projects and more significant projects also. They have to make strategic decisions for the beneficial growth of the company.
What is the job of a data analyst?
A data analyst is responsible for crucial decisions in the company’s monetary policy. He is expected to categorically analyze the data collected for more efficient policy making. They are expected to take a strategic approach while interpreting and managing data. They have to take financial decisions in a company and have to coordinate and communicate with other teams. This is to be done as a team player. Many companies offer Data analyst jobs for freshers though the salary offered is competitive.
The more experience the candidates get in this field the more they can earn. There are many top-notch companies like Deloitte, E&Y, and Amazon which is an e-commerce company. These companies hire data analysts for entry-level and senior positions. They offer lucrative packages for candidates, but they look for relevant qualifications and potential. Many small-stake business holders also hire data analysts to monitor and manage the growth of their companies. It is impossible for an organization or company is capable to be governed without a strategic approach.
Read Also: Entry Level Data Analyst Jobs in USA
Tips for a data analyst job
There are some fundamental requirements for a candidate to fulfill in case they want to have a good job in the field of data analysis.
- The candidates must have a relevant educational degree, for getting a job as a data analyst in any company. Either in mathematics, economics, or any relevant field.
- They must have professional experience either in internships or contractual employment. This experience will help the students to get a good job offer with a lucrative salary package.
- OPT students must create an attractive resume for the consideration of the recruiter. It must highlight all the relevant information that could land them a job. The educational qualification, relevant skills like SQL, Python, and programming. Professional experience is a plus point. It gives an upper hand to professionally experienced candidates.
- The students must be resourceful and good at networking and building up connections. They have to use their peer groups and resources for getting references for reliable jobs.
- The candidates can search for data analyst jobs near me, and then apply to the targetted companies at relevant positions. Also, OPTnation is a reliable website and it is an online forum that helps international students on F1 visas to find relevant jobs.
- OPT students can find suitable opportunities if they develop relevant skills along with academic qualifications. Other skills in software, analytical, technical, and numerical skills.
- They can learn these fundamental skills from relevant courses or self-paced courses. As it will help them to get a more advanced outlook for their job position.
- Also skills like communication, time management, coordination, and business knowledge.
- As a data analyst, you must know how to use collection tools. And present statistical data, and take crucial financial decisions for the company.
- Internship is one of the ways to enter this industry, the candidates can get the best placements for the right skills and qualifications. Also, they can learn SQL, machine learning, Python, data cleansing, and other programming.
- Other relevant skills like data mining, mathematics, data management, and data collection are also relevant. Candidates with the above-mentioned skills are preferred and get handsome salary packages.
- The candidates must be good at collecting data and modeling it into reports and dashboards. They must have good domain knowledge and a good command over communication and writing skills, which will land a person good compensation packages.
Benefits for signing up with OPTnation
OPTnation is an online forum that assistance to candidates, in job search in the USA. Whether OPT students want to go to any industry or in any job sector in the US job market. The recruiters are registered with the team OPTnation for finding suitable profiles of potential candidates in the US job market. Over the years the team at OPTnation has paved the way for many international students to get suitable jobs in their field of academics.
Developing businesses require a good strategical approach and fine economic policy building. It helps them to grow positively in the market. So naturally there is a wide demand for data analysts in the USA. All growing businesses require a good associate for running their businesses smoothly.
OPTnation helps students in getting good jobs in the following ways:
- The team recreates and modifies the OPT resumes for getting jobs. Relevant skills, educational qualifications, and professional experiences.
- The team conducts training sessions, that help the candidates boost their confidence. They can perform well in upcoming interviews with various companies.
- F1 visa holders are eligible for work for 12 months and students from STEM backgrounds can extend this period to 36 months.
- There are many opportunities in tech and non-tech sectors, such as IT jobs, automation, and programming.
- Also in non-tech sectors jobs in consulting, and staffing, such as finance and banking.
- The team matches potential profiles with relevant job descriptions.
- The recruiters also get relevant information and email alerts if new resumes are dropped.
- Recruiters get a shortlist of relevant profiles as per their job descriptions. The team carefully manages the database of OPT resumes.
- The resumes are classified based on educational qualifications, visa status, visa category, and professional experience.