Capital Electric has a Branch Manager position available at our Colonial Height, VA location. The person in this role is responsible for managing every aspect of the branch functions in sales, administration and operations while exhibiting efficiency in budgeting, inventory control, profit maximization and customer satisfaction. In addition, the Branch Manager develops and implements market growth opportunities.
- Anticipate, meet, and/or exceed customer needs, wants and expectations. Respond to customers with a sense of urgency and ensure commitments are met.
- Use selling skills, account management and customer relations techniques to proactively grow market share and ensure CapitalTristate as the top distributor in the market.
- Provide leadership to projects and sales staff in order to grow customer base, provide consistent and superior customer service, while maintaining existing relationships and increase sales and margins.
- Carry out responsibilities and daily activities related to branch or department business administration and management.
- Manage the overall logistical operation of the cross dock to ensure the daily material flow is completed with accuracy and efficiency.
- Manage the branch inventories through purchasing, shipping, receiving, tracking, warehousing and storage, turnover and re-ordering.
- Commit to a clean and safe working environment following all safety guidelines and reporting hazards and injuries as soon as possible.
- Add value to the organization by promoting improved job performance of our associates.
- Select and train associates for specific job functions and assign related responsibilities to ensure customer needs are met while maintaining profitability for the store.
- Provide direction and leadership in setting priorities, being enthusiastic and having a determined attitude to influence coworkers.
- Provide insight and expertise on the local market. Manage with flexibility, innovation and risk taking to utilize advantages of new opportunities.
- Value a culture of high energy, passion for our work, and entrepreneurial ownership.
- Support the success of the organization through teamwork, cross regional and interdepartmental cooperation and collaboration.
- Use effective communication skills to interact with others in a productive manner.
- 4-year college degree with an emphasis on business, and/or a combination of relevant knowledge through job related experience & training.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical products and distribution industry with a minimum of 4-years of industry related experience.
- 2-3 years supervisory/training experience
- Proven leadership and organization skills
- Able to problem solve
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects, up to 50 lbs., occasionally more, to assist customer during regular business or an emergency basis.
- Reliable, responsible, and a great work ethic
We offer excellent training, career advancement opportunities, and a competitive compensation package to include vacation time, personal time, full health benefits, 401(k) and more. Capital Electric is an EEO Employer.
CapitalTristate, Eck Supply, and select Vallen locations have merged to become Capital Electric.
Capital Electric is The Electrical Distributor of Choice in the Mid-Atlantic region and a proud member of the Sonepar family. Capital Electric delivers excellence in service, products from the finest lighting and electrical manufacturers, extensive application expertise, and customized, comprehensive solutions to our customers. Altogether, we serve customers in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia from over 70 locations and from our central distribution center and company headquarters in Upper Marlboro, MD.
Capital Electric is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar USA is a market leader in the B-to-B distribution of electrical, industrial & safety products and related solutions.