ReedPOP is the largest producer of pop culture events in the world. We build fun on a daily basis and deliver once-in-a-lifetime experiences for fans around the globe. ReedPOP is built upon a fan first philosophy, a culture of creativity and an office environment that is open and collaborative. We are a kind-hearted, hard-working, fun-loving group of folks who never take ourselves too seriously. Ask us what the best parts about working at ReedPOP are and well quickly answer our people and the fans. We are a boutique team with all the resources of a large global organization which provides us with the freedom to build fun new businesses and connect fans through the passions they share. Our customers include Marvel, DC Entertainment, Penguin Random House, Lucasfilm, Funko, AMC, Nintendo, Image Comics, Chevrolet, Harper Collins and millions of fans from all over the planet. We are constantly hard at work, making things happen and always trying to deliver more than what is expected of us.
WORKING FOR REEDPOP:
ReedPOP wants individuals who demonstrate initiative, an inquisitive mind, an entrepreneurial spirit, a creative vision, an obsession with making things better, a passion for solving puzzles, the humility to laugh at yourself, the willingness to ask for help when you re over your head (you will be), the ability to deal (healthily) with multiple projects, tight deadlines and demanding partners. We work how we live and we apply our passion for pop culture to every aspect of what we do. We want someone who can t help but wake up at 3 AM thinking about improving the experience for our fans. Our culture is creative, fun, supportive, open without exception, and as with all positions at ReedPOP, the focus is on fans first, regardless of if they re in a three-piece suit or walking around with a four-foot sword made out of cardboard. At ReedPOP, weve found that positive, genuine, good-hearted people make great co-workers, so thats the type of person we hire. Bring us your creativity, personality, customer focus and enthusiasm for pop culture we cant wait to meet you!
WHATS COOL ABOUT THIS JOB:
BookExpo and BookCon are where book fans and the publishing industry come together to celebrate storytelling in all its forms. Its the place where industry, authors and readers converge to define the new publishing universe. What could be cooler than that? The Brand Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the implementation and execution of the overall marketing, promotion, communication and publicity plans in order to create awareness in the market and drive attendance for the show. Ideal candidates must be passionate marketers with a true love for brand storytelling and building lifelong connections with an audience. Youll have the opportunity to build marketing plans that cover traditional, new media, guerilla and word of mouth marketing. You will also help design and produce a variety of projects including advertisements, posters, logos, event signage, infographics and much more. We are looking for someone that will really understand and embrace book lovers of all ages
BRING YOUR PASSION AND EXPERTISE:
- Execute the Senior Marketing Manager s marketing plan and brand strategy for BookExpo and BookCon
- Develop, implement and execute a comprehensive social media plan
- Manage mobile app development, updates and marketing
- Manage digital marketing asset creation and delivery
- Responsible for writing, designing and deploying weekly newsletters
- Regularly update copy and images on the BookExpo and BookCon websites
- Maintain, update and monitor the BookExpo social media accounts on a daily basis
- Conduct focus groups and fan meet ups to better understand what our attendees need and want from our events
- Develop marketing partnerships in the book industry, local market and surrounding markets in order to drive awareness and registrations/ticket sales for BookExpo & BookCon
- Create and cultivate a one team approach through collaboration with event management, sales, operations and talent/content
- Proactively seek out the newest trends in communication vehicles (Mobile Apps, Social Media, Digital Media, etc.) and recommend how to incorporate the latest trends successfully into our marketing plans
- Ensure all messaging and imagery represents our Book portfolio and ReedPOP positively and authentically
- Develop onsite brand experiences that are immersive and visually stunning for our fans and partners
- Collaborate with outside agency partners as needed
- Track status, progress and ROI of all marketing campaigns
- Maintain an eye for detail and quality on projects big and small, while communicating with the team to meet deadlines
- College degree in Marketing or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of marketing consumer products, event marketing or relevant and related experience required
- Strong copy writing skills are required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong understanding of all social media platforms, including but not limited to YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter both as a marketer and as a user.
- Must be highly collaborative with a We not Me mentality.
- Highly organized, detail oriented & proactive with a strong ownership sensibility.
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and always willing to take the initiative to create something new.
- You must be resourceful and willing to find creative solutions that will help you achieve your goals.
- We want a social and empathetic person that will truly care about our audiences and live for making them happy as often as possible.
- You should be team-oriented and collaborative with the ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners.
- You should be a happy, optimistic person that enjoys seeing the big picture while striving to create a great future for our brands.
- Must be flexible and able to adjust within a fast-paced work environment with unpredictable deadlines and schedules.
- Ability to multi-task, shift priorities and focus on finding solutions.
- You should be flexible in your viewpoints, always looking for the best ideas and ready to be an advocate for ideas other than your own.
- Must be a humble person that is secure enough in yourself to be able to ask for help, say I dont know and always learn from your mistakes.
- Some domestic and possibly international travel is required. Approximately 6-8 times per year.