ScanlanKemperBard Companies (SKB), a real estate merchant banking firm, acquires, develops and manages office, retail, industrial, mixed-use and hotel properties in major U.S. markets. Headquartered in Portland, Oregon with regional offices and properties in the San Francisco Bay Area, Denver, Phoenix, Portland, Seattle and Washington D.C.
For additional information please visit: https://www.skbcos.com
BUILDING MAINTENANCE ENGINEER POSITION SUMMARY:
Utilizes acquired skills to perform preventive maintenance and corrective repair of commercial office buildings and associated equipment
In a team environment, monitor building system operations and performance and take corrective steps as necessary. Utilize trade skills
such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling expertise.
- Working independently with defined supervision, monitor building system operations, perform assigned and emergency repairs, complete preventive maintenance routines. Respond to assigned tenant work orders via CMMS.
- Utilize acquired skills to perform preventive maintenance and corrective repairs using trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling expertise
- Inspect building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves prescribed environmental conditions.
- Complete maintenance and repair records as required. Estimate time and materials needed to complete repairs. With approval, orders materials and supplies necessary to complete all tasks.Contact certified contracted vendors as needed.
- Maintain the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements.
- Responds quickly to emergency or after-hours situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited trade school degree in an applicable technical training program such as HVAC, electronic, or other industry related trade. Union training and certification is also acceptable.
- Minimum of five (5) years of applicable working experience in general building repair and maintenance, basic plumbing, and basic electrical.
- Must possess mechanical and electrical aptitude; have basic computer skills and familiarity with mobile work order applications and have excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Must be knowledgeable in the safe and proper use of the following tools: ladders, lifts, basic hand tools, volt meter, manual drain auger, plumber s helper, safety goggles, ear protection, fire extinguisher and other tools required to perform assigned work in a safe manner.