BUSINESS ANALYST - FINANCE AND REAL ESTATE
Foot Locker, Inc. – Camp Hill, PA
IT Functional Analyst to work with Business Partners and IT Applications Development Team to collect requirements and define solutions that ensure both business satisfaction and technical suitability. The candidate will be a highly motivated individual who is highly adaptable, a quick learner, and has had previous experience in collecting and documenting business requirements, developing analysis process flows and functional designs, defining test plans, and documentation for complex systems. This position requires previous experience and understanding of finance and/or real estate business processes and related systems. Experience with PeopleSoft or a similar ERP, and/or Accruent/Lucernex real estate solutions is preferred.
- Discover requirements using the appropriate techniques including interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, present state business process models, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, root cause analysis, 5-Whys, gap analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Develop and maintain close and effective working relationships and engage all impacted areas (business, IS&T, vendors) in requirements discovery.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Write requirements specifications/user stories in the appropriate level of detail to satisfy those who will use them to complete their work. Present requirements in alternative views such as wireframes, future state process maps and other visual diagrams as needed.
- Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable and that they conform to standards.
- Lead requirements validation activities to confirm that a solution based on the requirements would meet customer needs and achieve the business objectives.
- Follow established policies, processes, procedures and standards according to the software development/project management life cycle approach selected for the application (waterfall, agile-scrum, hybrid).
- Demonstrate the initiative to produce the appropriate documentation including roadmaps, requirement documents, user stories, acceptance criteria, iteration plans, functional designs, risks, decisions and recommendations documents.
- Work with IS&T technical staff to document technical designs, participate in design reviews, quality assurance test planning, execution and monitoring of testing as required.
- Provide reporting and updates on project status, budget impacts and status of objectives to IS and business leadership as necessary.
- Identify, document and communicate scope changes to affected personnel. Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective and appropriate application of project change control processes and tools. Communicate changes on a very timely basis and escalate areas of impact as appropriate.
- Work within a business analysts community of practice within Core Retail.
- Full time work experience as a Business Analyst within Retail
- Proficient in core retail capabilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication
- Able to quickly understand and improve complex data and processes
- Strong level of autonomy and self-accountability
- Competent with Visio and LucidCharts
- Team player and able to collaborate with other global areas in a professional and engaging way
- Able to manage time independently, prioritize work under tight deadlines and with changing priorities
- Strong ability to follow-through, persistence to add value and elevate quality
- Proven ability to work with technology teams, understand architecture & perform interface mapping
- Strong technical writing experience
- Pro at analytics and makes decisions based on data
- Familiarity with the Atlassian Suite of tools, including Confluence and JIRA
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university or college with course work in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a closely related field
- Experience working on cross functional global teams, multitasking and with little direction
- Experience with Finance and/or Real Estate Business Processes