We are seeking an experienced and ambitious Business Analyst (remote) volunteer. We have an existing site, but it needs maintenance, updates and some new additions. The site uses Wordpress CM.
To be successful in this role, you should understand business software concepts, capabilities and opportunities. If you also have a portfolio of projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, wed like to talk to you.
Gather, analyze, and document business data requirements, workflow processes, and process improvements. Conduct interviews with subject matter experts to elicit and identify user requirements.
- Translate business requirements to technical requirements in conjunction with technical team. Document and gain approval for requirements from project team
- Provide data analysis for integration requirements, reporting needs, and other functions
- Trace requirements to deployed system to ensure all the requirements are met. Participate in development and deployment process as needed.
- Create use cases and test scripts for functional and user acceptance testing and participate in testing activities. Identify and resolve defects as requested.
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Maintain effective communications with team members
- Provide status updates and reporting while meeting project deadlines and milestones.
- Inform Project Manager of technical issues, project barriers and resolutions.
- Provide use cases and other documentation for development of training and user documentation as requested or needed
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver value
- Communicate key insights and findings to team
- Work as part of a team, aligning on project roadmap, goals and program success factors
- Minimum of five (5) years of proven work experience in Business / Systems Analysis or Quality Assurance
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related technology certification.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience:
- With data mapping as well as integration requirements and documentation.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Visio
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and prioritize to meet competing deadlines.
- Experience in analysing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools
- Basic knowledge in generating process documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record in a fast paced environment, strong time management skills.
- Demonstrated competence and success in prior assignments and professional integrity
- Advanced understanding e-commerce websites
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks is a plus
- Ability to commit volunteering to 5+ hour work weeks
Preferred skills: knowledge and experience with non-profit with content management, customer relationship management or related systems and software. Knowledge of Slack, Trello and Google drive.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Business Analysis: 5 years (Preferred)
- sql: 2 years (Preferred)