SHI has an opportunity available in our Enterprise Outside Sales department as a Business Development Manager, supporting Strategic Enterprise.
This position plays an integral part in growing our Strategic Accounts at SHI. With our ongoing training, the BDM will able to offer in-depth customer technology solutions across a wide variety of IT products and services to new customers and grow partner relationships.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support and Grow the current customer base
- Provide consultation to customer regarding their IT solutions needs
- Market and leverage our vendor/distribution channel partnerships to ensure best value, pricing and support for customers.
- Proactively work with and contact customers and prospects to build SHIs market share in all accounts designated.
- Work with internal departments to ensure customer transactions are processed accurately and efficiently
- Make telephone and field calls to present SHIs value proposition to existing and potential clients.
- Regular onsite customer visits will be required
- Build customer loyalty and trust
- Achieve sales goals for Revenue and GM
- Keep updated on product and industry knowledge
- Understanding of and ability to effectively communicate and develop demand for SHI managed services including onsite installation services, disposal services, etc.
- Researching to expand each customer and prospect profile in order to be best positioned to pursue new business opportunities
- Research customer information via various tools like Discover.org, Linked In and Sales Navigator, among other tools, and update CRM records accordingly
- Create personalized invitations to SHI Summits and other SHI and/or OEM sponsored events
- Follow up to drive attendance to these events * Collaborate with internal OEM support teams to develop local and/or regional customer facing events. This may be specific to one or more customers, or more generally applicable across our customer base
- Follow up activities to drive attendance to these events * Participate in other new business development initiatives, as required
Qualifications/Minimum Skills Required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be a self-starter with passion for winning!
- Self-motivated with problem solving mentality and hunter focus
- Ability to understand SHIs comprehensive portfolio and effectively articulate the same
- Demonstrated the ability to work individuality and in a team environment
- Minimum 2 years with SHI or acting in a customer support or business development role in our industry. Generally this person will come from inside or outside sales, but not required if all other required skills are met.
Well qualified candidates will possess:
- Previous sales or business development experience
- Creative and innovative
- Experience with Skype and WebEx
Innovative Solutions. World Class Support.
Constantly growing in response to the needs of our customers in all sectors and verticals, SHI has transformed itself from a $1 million software-only regional reseller into a $10 billion global provider of information technology products and services.
From software and hardware procurement to deployment planning, configuration, data center optimization, IT asset management and cloud computing, SHI offers custom IT solutions for every aspect of your environment.
Privately-held and under the guidance of our current ownership since 1989, SHI has experienced tremendous growth in size and scope through neither merger nor acquisition. Our organic growth and two decades of stability are a direct result of backing a highly-skilled and tenured sales force with software volume licensing experts, hardware procurement specialists and certified IT services professionals.
Headquartered in Somerset, NJ, SHI supports their clients from over 30 offices throughout the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Germany, France and Hong Kong. SHIs goal is to foster long-term, mutually-beneficial relationships with its customers and partners, every day.
What SHI Can Offer:
- World Class Facility includes on site gyms, restaurants and community events
- Ongoing opportunities for personal and professional growth and development due to our strong promote from within philosophy
- Work in an up-beat, creative, and fun environment
- Benefits, include medical, vision, dental, 401K, and flexible spending
Equal Employment Opportunity M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Job Type: Full-time
- IT Sales: 3 years (Required)
- Customer Support: 2 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Employee discounts