Canon U.S.A., Inc. is seeking a Data Analytics and programming Business Intelligence Analyst (Analyst, Business Intelligence) savvy professional to join our Audit & Business Consultation team. We re looking to study our internal data sources to drive insight & value through analytics & improve efficiencies through process automation. In this role, you will be expected to understand business objectives and deliver clear and meaningful insights, thoughts, & action plans to management.
The Analyst will be responsible for creating pipelines for importing, transforming, validating or modelling data with the purpose of understanding the data, drawing conclusions, and/or detecting unusual activity. The Data Analyst will then work with other department members and business partners to develop and implement business solutions, continuous auditing/monitoring, or investigate unusual activity.
Adaptability and creative thinking are critical as you will work on a variety of business challenges. You should feel comfortable presenting your findings to both smaller and larger audiences. Experience of working in a team environment and demonstrated teamwork capabilities are required. The ideal candidate is creative, motivated, and a strong communicator.
- Support the effective usage of Analytics for existing day-to-day business analytic tools and the development of other tools/analytics for new business areas and opportunities
- Develop process automation scripts through programming
- Ongoing collaboration with various business units to support advanced analytics for audit strategies
- Identify new advanced analytic requests and new data sources for further evaluation
- Partner with business partners to compile requirements for audit analytic solution expansion
- Document and communicate status of projects and initiatives to senior team members
- Acts as liaison with IT business partners to ensure full understanding of data flow, data integrity and system security. Assesses information technology control elements to mitigate IT risks regarding the confidentiality, integrity and availability of business information
- Identifies and acquires necessary data from multiple sources and organizes/cleans/transforms the information to enhance data quality
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Bachelors degree required, Masters Degree preferred (BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or other STEM field)
- Familiarity with object oriented programming principles
- Proficiency with at least one modern programming language (Python preferred)
- Familiarity with some of the following python libraries/frameworks:
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel & MS Access, Tableau, SAS, or SQL, Oracle is preferred
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy and ability to drive to completion
- Ability to work independently, pursuing new business development and opportunities, reviewing and collaborating with senior leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact and engage with a diverse group (executives, managers, and subject matter experts)
- Organizational skills
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work with others & build relationships
- Experience developing User Interfaces is a plus
- Familiarity with predictive analytics techniques is a plus
- Audit Experience a plus
About our Company - Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2018 and is one of Fortune Magazine s World s Most Admired Companies in 2019. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company s RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers.
#CUSA#CUSA #LI-AV1 #CBAV #DICE