La Porte, IN 46350-3504
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
The Business Manager at the LaPorte County Family YMCA intentionally fosters a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined whileproviding financial, accounting & human resources support in order to effectively and efficiently conduct the business of the YMCA.
Works collaboratively with all departments in carrying out the day to day financial activities and in developing policies, procedures and implementing best practices. Interacts on a regular basis with employees. Also responsible for communicating changes in procedures to the CEO and staff as related to afore mentioned areas of responsibilities.
- Bachelor s Degreee in accounting or a business related area preferred.
- Associates Degree required.
- 1-3 years accounting experience required.
- 3-5 years of supervision required.
- Non-profit accounting experience required.
- Proven experiene in managing accounting support functions including billing, cash receipts, payroll & accounts payable.
- Strong focus on policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Detail oriented individual that is also able to step back and see the bigger picture.
- Computer savvy, skilled and comfortable with query and reporting tools including advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work collaborately with diverse groups, maintain confidentiality and think strategically.
- Ability to travel within the applicable area on a frquent basis.
- Grant/Contract Accounting experience a plus.
- Provide reports on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to the Chief Executive Officer and staff in the areas of cash flow, collections, bank reconciliations, financial forecasts and other areas as requested.
- Provides training and assist in the completion of staff s monthly variance reports and provide support in interpreting the variances.
- Reconcile monthly financial statements, balance sheet and fixed asset accounts for the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors.
- Manage staff in the area of Accounts Recievable, Accounts Payable and Human Resources record keeping.
- Leads organization in annual Operating budget preperation and process.
- Become resident expert on Daxko Accounting functions and reports.
- Manage all clearing or custodial accounts
- Prepare journal entries
- Supervice staff on payroll and adhere to the Associations policies and procedures; submit accurate payroll on time
- Monitor payroll budget
- Process expense reimbursement reports ensuring that supporting documentation is attached, appropriate signatures are obtained and expenditures are in compliance with Association policies and procedures.
- Serve as financial resource for association, branch supervisors and administrative staff.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required. May include travel to other branch locations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
- Fiscal Management
- Functional Expertise
- Communication & Influence
- Developing Self & Others
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making
- Change Leadership
The LaPorte County Family YMCA provides 80% paid medical, dental, vision for individuals, 100% paid life insurance and AD&D valued at 2X sslary, Personal Time Off which accrues the first day of employment, 8% contribution to retirement (upon meeting qualifications to retirement fund), 100% paid membership for individual and immediate family members, discounted programs.
$38,000.00 - $42,000.00