Buyer Reviewing Applications
City of Missouri City, TX – Missouri City, TX
This is a full-time (Administrative Support Workers) in the City s Finance Department, Purchasing Division. An individual in this position will procure goods and services for use by the City. Reporting relationship: Assistant Director of Financial Services.
Examples of Work:
- Screens purchase requisitions; determines the most cost effective supplier for purchases; maintains compliance with relevant statutes;
- Develops and disseminates bid solicitations; makes recommendations for purchase; determines the best medium for purchasing; completes purchases;
- Develops, monitors and maintains contracts for purchases made; and monitors and utilizes available sources for cooperative purchasing opportunities;
- Assist in managing the purchasing card program by providing administrative assistance to the Purchasing Manager; conducts monthly audits of all purchases made; report findings to Purchasing Manager; and enforces his/her recommendations;
- Maintain office machines; assist with various programs; assist with the administration of mobile devices; and assist with auctions of City property;
- Perform other related duties as assigned;
- Subject to 24-hour recall.
Education, Experience, or Certification: High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Certificate and two (2) years of procurement experience with a governmental entity required.
Supplemental Information: The Department of Human Resources & Organizational Development may consider an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.