Canvass Directors help plan and implement a strategic field outreach campaign to fundraise for PBS and NPR affiliates, to meet specific performance goals and client deliverables. Canvass Directors make executive decisions to create successful field offices by recruiting, training, and managing a team of canvassers and field managers to engage community members face-to-face to raise money and build membership for Donor Development Strategies LLC (DDS) clients.
DDS campaigns are year-round, providing Directors a structured 40 hour work week as well as benefits (healthcare, vision and dental opt in, 401K, and Paid Time Off). DDS is an independent fundraising organization who exclusively partners with PBS and NPR stations nationally.
As an upwardly mobile organization, we seek geographically flexible Directors who desire to grow our national reach. DDS believes in promoting from within. If you want to help an already successful mid-sized organization bloom into its full potential, please apply.
Essential Job Functions
- Field Work Canvass 2-4 days per week. Perform field training and regular field check-ins with all staff.
- Recruitment Anticipate and meet staffing requirements of the campaign to meet client deliverables. Conduct interviews and hire successful canvassers, complete all relevant paperwork for new hires.
- Staff Management Manage staff, field managers, and canvassers. Create and follow training plans. Hold staff accountable for working scheduled shifts, timeliness, meeting quota, professionalism, etc. Hold regular director and field manager meetings. Debrief and meet individually with staff on a regular basis. Ensure all staff follow all laws and company policies.
- Office Culture Create a professional, positive and goal oriented culture. Set and hold staff accountable to clear expectations. Develop a strong leadership team.
- Client Relations Provide clear, concise, and professional context on day-to-day operations. Assist in maintaining a strong and open partnership with the PBS and NPR station. Ensure you and your office present positive and professional representation of the station and of DDS.
- Administration Collect and analyze data from daily and weekly operations. Ensure maintenance, management and security of donor and organizational data. Administer roll-out of technological updates. Implement quality control and best practices in data collection, information gathering etc. Deposit fully accounted for donations with the client each night. Execute loss prevision measures including confirmation calls and nightly donation evaluations.
- Communication Keep DDS personnel, primarily your project manager, but also others as needed abreast of situations arising in your office that may need company intervention. Alert human resources to issues or potential issues and report injuries and incidents.
- Attend Director trainings across the country.
- All other duties or projects as assigned by Project Managers.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Prior canvassing, organizing, fundraising, and/or leadership experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications and cloud based storage platforms, file & folder organization, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, quantitative data analysis and reporting, and basic database navigation.
- Must think critically, problem solve, and troubleshoot evolving technical systems and new digital mediums.
- Public speaking, interpersonal communication, formal writing, and strong telephone skills are required.
- Attention to detail, office management/administrative experience, and basic accounting skills are required.
- Organized, efficient, and good at multi-tasking; must be an excellent time manager and keep a tight schedule.
Environment & Physical Demands
- Ability to canvass and/or do in-field check-ins, 5 hours walking outdoors, up to 4 days/week.
- Ability to work within a professional office environment, interacting with the client.
- Availability to work occasionally on Saturdays, certain holidays, and other days as needed for the campaign.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- Data Analysis Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Canvassing: 1 year (Preferred)