AdvantageCare Physicians is the largest physician led outpatient medical office in the New York Metropolitan Area. With 36 medical offices in the Brooklyn, Long Island, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island, we aspire to be the preferred care destination for our patients and the communities we serve. This vision is accomplished through focusing our care on the needs of our patients as we partner with them in the pursuit of better health. Each and every day, our actions should be guided by these principles as we interact with our patients, each other and our communities. The values that drive the AdvantageCare Physicians culture include a caring attitude, quality focus, collaboration, excellence and good citizenship. By integrating these behaviors into our day-to-day operations, we can deliver the highest quality healthcare while also creating positive patient experiences.
The Care Team Supervisor organizes and provides clinical supervision to the patient care team including, but not limited to, delegation of responsibilities, mentoring, evaluating, educating, scheduling and counseling the care team staff. The Care Team Supervisor is responsible for providing professional nursing care to patients and proactively supports the efforts to ensure that standards for patient satisfaction, patient safety, and quality of care are maintained, as established by AdvantageCare Physicians. This role functions as one of the primary liaisons between patients, staff and physicians and supports the Advanced Care Model.
- Provides clinical supervision to the Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) and Medical Assistants (MAs) on the Care Team. Responsible for daily/weekly Care Team scheduling and management of Paid Time Off (PTO) requests. Delegates tasks appropriately according to the scope of licensure and follows up on delegated tasks to ensure completion. May function as the Lead Nurse in the medical office when the Manager, Nursing (and/or Assistant Manager, Nursing) is unavailable or has not been designated.
- Ensures nursing practices of the care team as well as own practices are in accordance with nursing standards, local, state and federal guidelines and organizational policy.
- Assists with applicant screening, selection, training, providing feedback for performance evaluations, and providing information related to employee discipline and termination of staff.
- Provides general nursing care to patients, including: administering prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards and per orders; planning, articulating, and coordinating care and interventions; maintaining consideration for specific age related characteristics, needs related physical development, communication, and socialization and safety, in collaboration with other members of the care team.
- Coordinates and manages daily huddles. Prepares and manages materials and deliverables. Reviews patient charts for missing labs, reports, and/or open orders and reviews as part of care team huddles. In coordination with the Manager, Nursing and Practice Administrator, manages and inventories clinical supplies.
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination, and testing of patients. Verifies chief complaint and takes vital signs as requested. Reviews the Electronic Health Record (EHR) active medication list with patients. Conducts and document point-of-care tests based on protocol. Administers medications as directed by provider.
- Identifies patients who may need point-of-care testing as well as patients with special needs (i.e., transportation). Coordinates outpatient work-up and or treatment plans when patient situation requires it (i.e. further clinical testing, x-rays, and facilitates communication between physicians and health care providers). Pends tests and procedure orders for physician approval and co-signature. Prepares prescriptions or medication refills, for review and signature by provider.
- Contacts patients with test results and provides recommendations on cases per physician determination and/or standards of care. Adds recommendations to individualized care plan(s) and reviews After Visit Summary (AVS) with patient. Facilitates clinical messages and chronic condition management education to patients.
- Triages urgent same day or double booked appointment requests.
- Documents progress notes in electronic health record within 24 hours.
- Manages in-basket requests and responds to all requests in a timely manner. Will serve as a clinical liaison between the call center and medical office.
- Performs other job-related duties as required including participation in nursing practice work groups and committees.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required
- Work experience as a nurse in a hospital or ambulatory setting required
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, regulations and practices to give and evaluate patient care required
- Ability to maintain quality control standards required
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish/maintain a safe work environment required
- Knowledge of policies and procedures related to infection control, environmental safety and patient confidentiality required
- Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care required
- Knowledge of medical chart reporting required
- Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions required
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills to provide patient care and interact with colleagues in a team atmosphere required
- Ability to work independently within scope of practice, make appropriate clinical decisions and delegate appropriately required
- Current, unrestricted, licensure in the State of New York as a Registered Nurse required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing preferred
- Masters of Science in Nursing preferred
- Work experience in specific specialty (only for those roles where a specialty area is listed, i.e. Cardiology) preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge or Electronic Medical Records (EMR) preferred
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) preferred