Hmong American Partnership (HAP) is a social service and community development organization whose mission is to empower the community to embrace the strengths of our cultures while achieving our potential. HAP accomplishes its mission by:
- Improving the lives of individuals and families in our diverse communities by providing culturally sensitive social services.
- Strengthening neighborhoods by providing housing, community, and economic development opportunities.
- Promoting the rich heritage of our ethnic communities.
HAPs vision is to reach out to the world with profound social, economic, and educational transformation.
HAP is seeking a dynamic, high performance team member that thrives in a challenging, fast-paced work culture. The candidate must demonstrate a strong work ethic, as well as integrity, accountability, and excellence in previous work experiences. Our desired candidate is able to demonstrate their ability to work with diverse
families providing a wide variety of social and direct services in reference to parenting.
- Work closely with family referred by the county on setting and achieving goals through proper case management
- Understand focus area programs and services to include PSOP/FCP,CFA, YEP, and [email protected] programs
- Plan, design, and develop strategies to assist families, children, parents, and other household family members to foster healthy family relations
- Assist families with navigating community resources to gain pertinent information as it relates to goals
- Collaborate with other agencies, organizations and institutions that provide services for families who need assistance low income, unemployed, homeless, domestically abused, etc.
- Coordinate meetings with families, school workers, social workers, attorneys, and other stakeholders while working with clients meetings may be at home, rehab
center, attorneys office, county office etc.
- Partners with other Impact Areas within HAP to ensure that all HAP clients receive wrap-around services by making proper referrals within Family Support Services
Case Management (50%)
- Ensure that case files are up to date with meeting and case notes within 24 hours of meeting with parent(s), family, and other stakeholders moving the file forward
- Complete all necessary county and organizational paperwork to ensure accuracy and integrity of file
- Work with county workers to ensure that all files, paperwork, and documents are completed, updated, and accurate based on case plans, goals, and management
- Upload case notes to Efforts To Outcome (ETO) system and maintain all files for accuracy and integrity
- Complete monthly billing as it pertains to case management
- Monthly preparation of case notes and billing and coordinate with billing to ensure case notes coincide with billing
- Assist county workers in preparing documents for litigation
- Assist managers and coordinators on facilitating weekly Parent Support Groups
- Must be willing to help interpret for clients/families in both Family Support Services and other impact areas
- Will keep a flexible schedule to allow for other HAP staff to utilize for interpreting services
Education and Experience
- Must have a Bachelors Degree in Social Work, Family Services, a Behavioral Science-related field
- One year of counseling and/or interpreting experience required
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Moderate knowledge in case management with emphasis on working with family and children
- Experience working with people of color, low income families, displaced families, truancy, and/or homeless individuals
- Strong analytical and assessment skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong minded and being able to work in difficult situations being able to think critically on the moment
- Ability to do home visits at different times during the day
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to speak Hmong or Somali preferred
HAP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Our organization will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance. Individuals with disabilities in need of accommodation should contact us at [email protected]