Cash Posting/ AR Specialist
CSO Orthopedics – Tinley Park, IL
- Follow up of all outstanding insurance claims over 180 days from the date of service in accordance with practice protocol
- Heavy concentration on aged A/R with primary duties to include researching, evaluating and resolution
- Primary accounts to be addressed are WMC and PI outstanding A/R
- Prepare and submit claims, electronically or by paper, for Clinic, Surgical and Physical Therapy to various insurance companies with a concentration on claims over 180 days
- Account reviews for missed charges, duplicate payments and unbilled procedures
- Appeals to all carriers within a timely fashion for rejected/denied claims
- Follow up with Doctors and other clinical staff for any missing information as it pertains to billing.
- Verify insurance benefits or obtain authorization, referrals, etc. for any department as needed with special attention to claims over 180 days that may require retro pre-certification
- Communicate benefits to the Medical Assistants, Front Desk & Physical Therapy Department by set deadlines.
- Explain benefits or answer any other insurance related questions from patients.
- Resolve any patient complaints in a professional and courteous manner.
- Respond promptly to all attorney requests as it pertains to the billing department
- Presenting weekly reports indicating progress for outstanding A/R over 180 days
- Responsible to provide progress reports, identify trends as may affect current and future charges and provide input for corrective billing
- Maintain contacts with case managers, attorney and other entities that may assist in resolution of claims management
- Follow up with WMC department to verify case statuses, proper authorizations have been received and follow up for unpaid claims
- Answer e-mail and/or voicemails in a timely and professional manner.
- Submitting insurance claims.
- Maintain up to date on CPT/ICD10/HCPS coding changes.
- Insurance and patient payment posting.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Billing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Insurance Verification: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts