To deliver more than is expected to my customers by providing a positive first impression, determining actual needs, delivering real solutions, adding value where I can, and leaving the customer with an impression so satisfying that no competitor is an acceptable alternative.
Cashier: What I Do, How I Do It, and Why I do it
As a Cashier, this is what I do:
Process Transactions I quickly and efficiently process transactions by giving the customer my undivided attention, processing purchasing through the register system following company guidelines, properly completing all transactions, adhering to all laws and regulations restricting certain transactions.
Perform Proper Bagging Techniques I sack or assist with the sacking the customers order, ensuring food safety by bagging different types of raw meat and toxic items separately, and ensuring products reach the customers home in excellent condition by practicing correct product placement in the bags.
Provide Services I provide services to my customers by identifying the customers needs and identifying appropriate solution(s), such as carry out, and reminding them of other store services or upcoming planned events.
Problem Solving I clearly define issues upfront and then use critical thinking skills and logic to effectively obtain answers to questions through a conscious and organized manner.
Safety/Quality Orientation I consistently produce and emphasize the need to produce high quality products and services while being aware of the issues and following procedures that affect personal safety and the safety of others.
As a Cashier, this is how I do it:
Building Relationships I successfully initiate, develop, and foster relationships with others. I take a personal interest in the interests and ideas of others and treat others fairly, respectfully, and sincerely. I empathize with the emotions of others and consider things from other peoples perspectives.
Conscientiousness I demonstrate responsible behavior, thoroughness of work, and dependability. I consistently demonstrate compliance with Harps policies and procedures, including regular and timely attendance, adherence to dress code and ensuring a safe work environment, and a willingness to complete other duties as assigned.
Superior Customer Service/Hospitality I completely understand what delivering more than expected means in regards to great customer service. I remove any barriers impeding customer service. I actively look for ways to help others by following our SMILE Program guidelines.
Integrity I demonstrate and act in accordance with an appropriate and sound set of values, beliefs, and business ethics. I am an honest person.
Professionalism I hold myself accountable by demonstrating a no excuses approach to my own attitude, performance, and results. I work in the best interest of Harps even when it involves putting individual needs aside.
As a Cashier, this is why I do it:
Customer Focus I anticipate and recognize customer needs and remain dedicated exceeding customer expectations. I use customer information to improve products and services. I continually strive to improve customer service.
Respecting Others/Citizenship I encourage an atmosphere of teamwork by own actions. I support others, facilitate their work, and defend them when appropriate. I encourage cooperation and trust within a group. I show a high concern for the rights, values, and worth of others. I treat others fairly and consistently. I give appropriate attention toward the concerns expressed by others by empathizing with their emotions and considering things from their perspective.
Supporting Harps Mission Statement With respect and support from my peers and supervisors, I strive daily to exceed my customers expectations in an effort to support the Harps Mission Statement Our mission is to provide the best overall value to our customers, building a reputation for competitive prices, product quality and freshness, friendly service and cleanliness.
- Must be at least sixteen (16) years of age.
- Prefer previous experience operating a cash register, handling cash or other forms of tender, preferably in a grocery store or retail establishment but not required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to interpret, understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to move, lift, carry and place merchandise and supplies weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Frequently reaches overhead and below the knees, including pushing, pulling, squatting, kneeling, bending, stooping, crouching and twisting with or without bearing weight.
- Continuous repetitive motion with hand(s) and arm(s), such as grasping, gripping and turning.
- Stands and/or walks continuously throughout shift without a break for up to 4 hours.
- Ability to visually locate merchandise and other objects, as well as verify information, often in small print.
- May be exposed to all weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow, ice and wind) as well as, inside work with variations in heat, cold, dust and humidity.
- May be exposed to chemicals or allergens (such as latex, eggs, nuts, soy, wheat, etc.)
- Employment at Harps may be contingent upon completion and our evaluation of: PEP survey, drug screen, employment reference check, criminal background check, or credit check.
Brand: Harp s Food Stores
Address: 111 E. Ferry Salina, OK - 74365
Property Description: 182 - E. Ferry - Salina, OK
Property Number: 182