PrimeCare Health Community Health Centers – Chicago, IL
Duties and Responsibilities
- Models PrimeCareHealths mission, philosophy and values
- Has a complete understanding of the scheduling system for scheduling of patients, as well as looking up previous balance to help assist patients.
- Is proficient in running necessary reports to determined missed appointments, and walk in appointments
- Removes phones for the answering service
- Forwards clinics phones to the main scheduling number.
- Update and uses resource book as a tool for all updates
- Demonstrates proficiency in using the patient management system
- Continually updates patients demographic information by asking current phone, emergency contact information
- Asks patient to bring in all of their medications.
- Verify patients PCP to ensure that patient is scheduled with the correct provider
- If patients PCP is not available the day the patient requests an appointment, schedule the patient with another provider in that pod.
- Needs to be knowledgeable about insurance information in order to answer patient questions
- Adheres to HIPPA requirements
- Gives patient correct information regarding appointment times and when to arrive at the health center for their appointments
- Gives patients accurate information regarding fasting requirements for their tests
- Takes detailed messages, providing accurate information for the providers and initials the message
- Gives all messages to the Medical Records Coordinator, so that the clinic chart can be pulled in a timely manner
- Does reminder calls for next day appointments
- Calls recalls from the monthly recall list
- Calls all patients from PHO, HMO and missed appointments for routine health maintenance
- Maintain and organized and clean work environment.
- Demonstrate initiative and organize your work.
- Provide at least 2 hours notice for an absence or tardiness, by calling the Director of Practice Management or her designee
- No more than 5 days of tardiness or unscheduled absences in one year.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Complies with the health center dress code
- Complies with policies and procedures of the health center regarding cell phone use and internet use.
- Attends all health in services and educational offerings
- Reviews memos and minutes of all staff meetings
- Submits accurate timesheets every Friday before payday.
- Maintains flexible work schedule
- Understands the Health Disparities and how it affects the provision of care
- Participates in QI activities as directed.
- Enters changes into Medorizon and maintains the on line monthly physician schedule. Checks e-mail daily for any provider changes in the schedule.
- Translate for providers when requested to
- Reports complaints and unusual situations to the person in charge.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Experience, or Licensure/Registration
- High School Diploma
- Computer knowledge
- Bilingual in Spanish or Polish
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multitask
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)