SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ERs, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility-based staff continue to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Healths top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data
Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed provisional Level I Trauma Center, is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater. Chippenham Hospital is an HCA facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortunes 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Chippenham Hospital Awards and Distinctions
- Accredited by the Joint Commission with a Gold Seal of Approval
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care.
- Disease-Specific Certifications for Acute Myocardial Infarction & Hip and Knee Replacement.
- Certified Chest Pain Center
- Considered the region s first choice for orthopedics, joint care, behavioral health and cardiovascular care.
Our patients are our priority, but so are you!
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professionals like you to be a part of our Pharmacy Family!
Essential Certified Pharmacy Technician job functions and responsibilities:
- Processes medication orders or prescriptions, accurately and safely compounds medications and/or IV admixtures in acceptable dosage forms, appropriately packages and dispenses pre-manufactured dosage forms.
- Uses appropriate techniques for storage, preparation, and dispensing of medicinal agents and follows the health systems policies regarding cart fill, unit dose distribution, medication preparation and labeling, controlled substances reconciliation, and ensuring that EMT boxes and medications for crash carts are stocked, checked, and ready to be dispensed.
- Assists in inventory maintenance and control.
- Assists department in maintaining inventory contained in automated dispensing equipment.
- Assists with ROBOTRx cart fill procedures as assigned.
- Packages medications for Robot-RX use as well as inpatient use utilizing the bulk packager as assigned.
- Completes work activities through effective management of time, tasks and available resources. Manages own conduct, performance and attitude including time, space and paper, ethics, attendance and punctuality, and customer focus.
- Assists in delivery of medications/requisitions to nursing stations and other hospital departments.
- Completes monthly expiration date checking as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned or scheduled.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (required)
- Associate s Degree (preferred)
- Virginia Board of Pharmacy Technician Registration (required)
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Certified (required)
- At least one year of Pharmacy Technician experience (required)
- Two years or more of Pharmacy Technician experience (preferred)
- Pharmacy Technician experience in a hospital setting (preferred)
- Experience with IV admixtures and using Pyxis Systems is a PLUS!
- Full Time
- 7 days on / 7 days off
- Wednesday - Tuesday
- 10 hour shifts
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.