This position will be assigned to the IWV main campus in Ridgecrest, CA.
Under supervision, provide assistance to the classroom teacher in the care, development, and instruction of preschool children and infants in a child development center program.
Education and Experience
Any combination equivalent to: Graduation from high school supplemented by twelve semester units of course work in early childhood education or a related field AND one year of experience working with children in an organized setting. Possession of, or eligibility to obtain and retain, a Child Development Associate Teacher Permit issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintain satisfactory level of progress toward and the successful completion of the Professional Development requirement for Permit renewal.
- Completion of pediatric CPR and first aid training through an accredited or approved program.
- Possession of a current pediatric CPR and first aid certificate.
- Satisfactory completion of a pre-employment physical assessment.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment drug testing.
- Clear criminal record check including fingerprints.
Note: Degrees and credits generally must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406).
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Early childhood education programs, practices, and techniques.
- Current best practices for inclusive early childhood education.
- Instructional and tutorial techniques.
- Requirements of maintaining a childrens center in a safe, clean, and orderly condition.
- Policies and objectives of assigned program and activities.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Principles and practices of personal hygiene.
- Sanitation practices related to handling and serving food.
- Basic First Aid techniques.
- Develop age and developmentally appropriate lesson plans and outlines.
- Effectively conduct activities for children.
- Monitor the behaviour of young children and oversee activities.
- Maintain a childrens center in a safe, clean, and orderly condition.
- Apply basic principles and practices of nutrition.
- Administer basic First Aid.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Prepare and servce food in accordance with health and safety regulations.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Observe health and safety regulations.
Salary Grade 29.0
Special Instructions to Applicants
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on January 15, 2019 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references Listed on application formApplicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
Recruitment Status (tentative):
- Application Screening: TBD
- Interviews: TBD
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.