JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Finance and Business Management (F&BM) group provides financial advice to support the CIBs business strategy and helps to ensure a sound control environment. Within F&BM, the four major areas of responsibility are: Business-aligned BMs (Business Managers), the CIB Controller, Support Staff CFO, and Planning and Analysis.
Overview Finance & Business Managements goals are to ensure sound control environments and provide financial advice to support the business strategy. Within F&BM, the Controllers organization is responsible for ensuring the overall integrity and validity of the financial statements and controls over the transaction cycle; performing critical reporting functions for the organization, both financial and regulatory, as well as ensuring execution and implementation of the overall financial architecture.
Business OverviewThe J.P. Morgan Global Equities business is a global leader in providing a wide range of equities solutions as well as financing, clearing, settlement, and trade execution services to investor and issuer clients and consists of four product lines: Cash Equities, Equity Derivatives, Global Prime Finance, and Global Clearing. While the business is executing against a global product strategy, it maintains a regional focus to meet its clients unique needs and drive regional accountability for P&L.
This position will be part of the Markets Planning & Analysis team focused on supporting the Business Managers for the Global Equities (including Prime and Clearing) businesses and specifically operating as the regional lead supporting the NA Franchise and mainly cover the Global Product Prime Finance business. The team has multiple clients and partners including front-office Business Heads, Business Managers, Product Controllers, External Reporting, Balance Sheet/RWA, other Markets Product and Sales & Marketing P&A and CIB Central team functions. The agenda is demanding, with peaks around month and quarter-end and intense engagement throughout the annual planning cycle.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead financial analysis including forecasting and budgeting
- Managing the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process
- Analysis and forecasting of balance sheet resources such as RWA, GSIB, capital, etc.
- Driving relevant analysis to aid business heads/managers in strategic decision making
- Manage ad hoc management requests
- Lead global efforts on business performance reporting and communication
- Coordinate weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reporting on business performance including keeping a schedule of recurring meetings and prepping materials in advance
- Ensure consistent delivery of MIS
- Coordination between desk heads, business managers, product controllers and Tech & Ops to analyze business performance drivers and provide commentary for performance reporting
- Reviewing expenses and helping drive reductions in the business cost base
- Developing materials for business communications
- Implementing controls and best practices to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Liaising with legal entity controllers to ensure financial statement integrity and regulatory compliance
The candidate must be a highly-motivated and execution focused self-starter and able to shift focus of task with relative ease while remaining flexible in balancing workload in accordance with changing priorities. The incumbent needs to be comfortable operating in a sometimes stressful and fast-paced environment.
Essential qualifications and skills
- Minimum of 8 years of business and financial management experience
- Ability to work independently to produce high quality and accurate work product
- Excellent problem solving skills, sharp analytical/quantitative skills and ability to analyze large data sets and draw conclusions, with an eye for detail but focused on the big picture
- Strong relationship building with proven experience of collaborating with and influencing others across functions and product and locations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience presenting to senior Finance and Business leads
- Ability to manage the priorities, deliverables and professional development of a global team
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; VBA/Macro experience is a plus
- Knowledgeable about Planning & Analysis role, with solid product knowledge of the key Equities business
Desirable skills but not essential
- Planning & Analysis/Business Management/Business Control/Legal Entity Controller experience
- Quantitative educational background (Financee, Economics, Math, etc.)
- Accounting qualification/experience
- Knowledge of JPM reporting systems - Paragon, FDW, Cognos