Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech invites you to consider a rewarding opportunity within our Golden, CO office as a Staff Civil Engineer in the Mine Permitting and Closure Group.
Tetra Tech has a position for a Staff Civil Engineer in our Golden, Colorado office. We are seeking an energetic individual interested in supporting a variety of challenging projects in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will work closely with Principal and Project Engineers, Scientists, and Project Managers on a variety of mining, oil and natural gas, and industrial plant operations projects. The position will include duties such as:
- assisting with engineering design development,
- working in AutoCAD or with CAD staff to develop grading plans, site layout, water management and conveyance plans, and other civil engineering designs
- preparation of environmental compliance documents,
- report preparation,
- development of engineering cost estimates,
- development of bid specifications and contract documents,
- remedial options evaluations,
- construction oversight,
- environmental sampling and geotechnical drilling,
- environmental data compilation, review, and evaluation, and
- site reconnaissance.
Strong problem solving, time management, and written and verbal communication skills are required. The position may require some travel, typically related to construction oversight, environmental sampling, and site reconnaissance.
- B.S. Civil, Environmental or a related field (M.S. Preferred)
- 2-7 years of engineering experience. E.I.T or P.E. preferred
- Basic understanding of soil mechanics, hydrology and hydraulics required
- Experience in one or more of the following areas of civil/environmental engineering is a plus: site grading and earthworks design, surface water hydrology & hydraulics; pumps and piping systems; mine geochemistry; mine closure; cover designs and the use of geosynthetics, cost estimation; contract document preparation; environmental sampling (soil/groundwater/surface water); environmental regulations; remediation; water balance modelling; heavy earthwork construction; geology; water quality; soil science; or revegetation.
- MSHA and/or OSHA HAZWOPER certification preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or ArcGIS is required with ability to quickly pick up proficiency in Civil 3D
- Experience or familiarity with other software such as, HEC programs, SWMM, packages, GoldSim is highly desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to summarize scientific data or engineering evaluations in concise, readable language
- An ability to formulate and solve problems related to earthworks and water quality
- An understanding of local, state, and federal regulatory programs and permits requirements
- Strong skills and proficiency with computer systems and Microsoft-based software, including MS Excel, for data analysis.
- Familiarity with elements of capital improvement projects process including engineering analysis, permitting, development of construction documents (plans and specifications), cost estimating, and construction administration and observation.
For success, the individual must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary team settings, occasionally with limited direction, and under tight deadlines. It is important for the individual to be comfortable and confident meeting with colleagues, regulatory authorities, project stakeholders, and clients. Must have high integrity, accountability, an acute attention to detail, a demonstrated interest in the field, and a desire to be self-improving.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
Job Civil Primary Location United States-Colorado-Golden Organization 117 ECA Schedule Full-time Job Posting Jun 17, 2019, 7:38:16 PM Job Closing Date Aug 17, 2019, 5:59:00 AM