CIVIL / STRUCTURAL ENGINEER IV - Houston
ENGlobal is an energy engineering and professional services firm, focused on innovative, cost-effective solutions. ENGlobal has grown into a recognized, international corporation by remaining committed to our clients with fresh ideas and professional experience.
ENGlobals expertise reaches numerous market sectors, including, but not limited to: petroleum, gas, chemical, power, and petrochemical markets, automation and controls and EPCm (Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management) projects. We firmly believe that attention to detail drives the success of our projects, thus driving the success of our clients.
- Prepare site grading, road and drainage (cut and fill)
- Design of onshore concrete foundations and steel structures to support equipment, fencing, piping and building fabrication detail design
- Skid Structural Designing
- Pipe Support Designing
- Coordinate with designers for completion of construction drawings to be issued
- Coordinate with third party contractors (surveyor, geotechnical consultant and other engineering consultants) for required information for design needs and result any design issues
- Resolve field construction issues
- Prepare project design documents when complete
- Communicate with clients to understand their Civil/Structural standards and ensure clients compliance expectations are met
- Communicate with vendors for equipment issues and design needs
- Must be able to successfully complete ENGlobal safety training requirements and/or client training requirements, where those exceed ENGlobal requirements.
- Must be able to develop and foster a good working relationship with current and future customers.
- Must have bachelors degree or higher in engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program.
- Provide engineering and project management consulting services
- Accountable for the delivery of assigned projects from conception to completion
- Client interface and communication
- Work with reinforced concrete design to include - Equipment Foundations, Machine Foundations, Concrete Structures, Containment Systems, Plant Buildings
- Work with structural steel design to include- Process Structures, Rail and Truck Loading Structures, Pipe and Cable Tray Racks, Sheet pile structures and retaining walls
- Team building skills and ability to work in a team environment for project collaboration
- Responsible for controlling and tracking project scope and budget Requirements:
- Should have experience working for engineering design firms and small to medium front-end loading (FEL) projects
- Ability to be self-directed and lead assigned projects
- Project experience must include customer interface, budgeting, scheduling and technical skills
- Oil and Gas Industry Experience
- 10+ years of experience in support of industrial structures, foundations, process equipment access platforms and walkways, as well as general site work including drainage studies
- 5+ years of oil & gas industry experience preferred
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Texas is required
- Must be currently legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Must have a valid driver license and be able to rent and operate a rental vehicle.
- Project Management skills in an engineering design environment a plus
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- RISA (Structural Engineering Design & Analysis software), PCA Mats (concrete design) and Mathcad a plus
- Upstream, Midstream and/or Downstream Industry Experience a Plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, RISA (Structural Engineering Design & Analysis software), PCA Mats (concrete design) and Mathcad
- Midstream operations experience is a plus
ENGlobal offers comprehensive compensation package with competitive pay and exceptional benefits. Interested candidates, please visit our website at www.englobal.com, and click on the careers link at the top of the page to submit your application.
ENGlobal is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
NO STAFFING FIRMS PLEASE
We have received your application for the position with ENGlobal. We appreciate your interest and look forward to reviewing your application.
We will contact you if your qualifications meet the requirements of the position.
Thank you for your time and interest.
Talent Acquisition Team