Envoy Air Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Airlines Group. With more than 16,000 employees, Envoy is the largest provider of regional flight service to American Airlines. Flying under the American Eagle brand and livery, Envoy provides ground handling services for many American Airlines flights. The Company was founded in 1998 as American Eagle Airlines, Inc. and in 2014, changed its name to Envoy Air Inc. Envoy is headquartered within the Dallas metropolitan area in Irving, TX with large operations in Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Miami, New York, and Los Angeles. At Envoy, we go beyond transporting people from one destination to another. Our goal for employees is to take you where you want to go - whether a short-term stay or a lifelong career. Are you ready for take-off?
The Clerk, Base Coordinator supports the Maintenance Base with a wide variety of office duties for one or more management/specialist personnel.
- Publish shift bids, work schedules, and vacation schedules; may record and send weekly overtime information and work in the Staff Admin system
- Assist with payroll transaction records
- Handle badge applications for the Quality Control, Parts and Maintenance departments for new and expiring badges
- Assigning office codes, new passwords and update a variety of systems/databases
- Monitor employee yearly OSHA exam and coordinate onsite exams; update OSHATrac system
- Monitor and update training files utilizing the SABA system
- Serve as part of the Environmental Coordinator (EC) team; will be required to become qualified as an EC
- Distribute uniforms
- Audit employee files
- Update a variety of manuals, databases, documents and systems as needed
- May operate company vehicles as needed
Other responsibilities include general office tasks such as:
- Typing, filing, and ensuring telephone coverage
- Greeting and directing visitors
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail
- Ordering office supplies
- Arranging travel and hotel accommodations
- Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports from automated data bases
In this role, the Base Coordinator must demonstrate effective organizational abilities and possess good time-management skills. Must be able to work in a team environment and have the ability to prioritize work and projects in order to meet competing deadlines from members of the team. Must be able to work with minimal supervision, report to work regularly and on-time, and be self-motivated.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Must have a valid driver s license to operate company vehicles such as a pick-up truck or cargo/passenger van
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts including nights, holidays, weekends, and days off
- Flexible to work additional hours with short notice when operationally necessary
- Possess the legal right to work in the United States
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak, and understand the English language
- Minimum of one year of administrative/clerical experience
- Basic knowledge of Staff Admin system
- Familiarity with Sabre (passenger service system)
- Minimum typing skill of 25 to 49 W.P.M.
- Previous experience dealing with confidential and sensitive information
Additional Position Details
- Candidates must fulfill a fingerprint based criminal background check to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable.
- Candidates must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, in addition to clearing other airport related requirements, if applicable.
- This position may be subject to the Department of Transportation (DOT). Federal law requires Envoy to determine a candidates history with the DOT drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position.
Envoy Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Travel None/Not Specified