Must be able to work from the greater Charlotte NC metro area.
This position reports into the Finance Shared Services (FSS) Manager, Payroll Preparation and Processing. The position is responsible for payroll data entry and validation tasks. The position will collect and process labor, travel, and enterprise files, load all information into PeopleSoft Payroll, and validate gross to net payroll calculations are accurate and error free. The role will perform entry of supplemental earnings and deductions into web-based payroll data entry tools (e.g. Web Payroll Interface), following set payroll input processes to ensure entries are approved and appropriate. The position is responsible for following policies and procedures that ensure the creation of payroll information is accurate and complete. The position will interface with various groups within the FSS including Time Collection, Travel and Expense, and Payroll Processing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs day-to-day activities related to the data entry and validation of payroll for employees in BAE Systems, Inc.
- Performs the entry of supplemental earnings (e.g. military differentials, PTO sell, etc.) and deductions (e.g. employee repayments) to ensure complete and accurate gross to net payroll can be developed.
- Supports any incoming requests to perform any off-cycle payroll processing, as required.
- Reviews and validates payroll prior to any payroll run or disbursement, to ensure payroll is complete and accurate across the organization. Troubleshoots issues in conjunction with Payroll Processing team.
- Supports and executes activities related to the disbursement of payroll for all employees in BAE Systems, Inc. This includes running payments via ACH, check, or pay cards.
- Processes pay adjustments, final paychecks, and pay differentials upon direction and guidance from Payroll Representative and Manager.
- Supports check and advice printing requirements.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
Required Skills and Education
Key Job Requirements
Min. Education: High School Diploma
Pref. Education: Associates Degree in relevant field in Finance, Accounting, or Mathematical studies
- 2 years related experience
- Familiarity with payroll functions and processes
- Familiarity enterprise-wide payroll software
- Experience with Microsoft Office required
- Strong process and systems skills
- Proficiency with numbers and strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Skills and Education
- 2+ years experience preferred
- Able to articulate complex subject matter effectively
- Able to anticipate problems and respond accordingly
- Excellent entrepreneurial skills and ability to work independently
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft Payroll
- Familiarity with federal and state wage and tax laws
- Payroll certifications (including FPC or CPP) preferred
- Experience interfacing with customers
About BAE Systems, Inc.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.