Healthcare Alternative Systems, Inc – Chicago, IL
Under the supervision of the Business Administrator, the staff member is responsible for providing outreach and engagement services to current and past participants, conducting accurate financial transactions, maintaining participants records in accordance with policy and procedures. Greets all individuals entering the office, answers and properly directs all incoming phone calls, takes messages when necessary, receives and dispenses all fax transmissions.
- Actively work to find and engage identified members by phone and/or text a minimum of 3 attempts at different days of the week and different times of day
- Responsible for maintaining documentation of all encounters with participants caseload in the appropriate Electronic Health Record.
- Collaborate with staff to ensure a therapeutic milieu outside of individual sessions.
- Participate actively in staffing of participants and encourage commitment to goals which the team has established for each participant.
- Provide on-going emotional support to participants in order to enhance sustained involvement.
- Assist in orientation, treatment and referral of participants and their family/significant others if applicable
- Answers and screens all incoming calls, directs them to the appropriate party and/or take accurate messages.
- Provides any person seeking information about agency with accurate information.
- Operates fax machine (incoming & outgoing) and assures that all fax received is directed to the appropriate party.
- Receive all incoming mail and deliver to the Administrative Assistant.
- Handles money transactions and inputs data into system as per policy and procedures.
- File patient clinical records.
- Follow-up on active participants accounts.
- Prepare delinquent billing invoices.
- Processes any other billing, ie., DUI billing.
- Performs all billing/ collection functions in an efficient and timely manner, as per policy and procedures.
- Audit records in an efficient and timely manner.
- Provides support services to the clinical staff.
- Participates in regular agency, staff meetings and in agency fund-raising efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must have a high school diploma or its equivalence.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have good mathematical skills.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Platform Application (Word, Excel, etc.,)
- At least 2 years experience working in an office environment.
- Able to interact in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English/Spanish.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Must be willing to work at other locations, if necessary.
- Possession of a valid Illinois motor vehicle operators license and willingness to use personal vehicle in course of employment.
Job Type: Full-time