Client Services Supervisor
Aveanna Healthcare – Hackensack, NJ
As a member of the branch leadership team, The Client Service Supervisor (CSS) represents a customer service champion responsible for building effective working relationships with patients, patient families, field staff, and referral sources. Contributes to the overall success of the location through effective placement of caregivers, involvement in the recruiting and retention of field staff, control of labor costs, business development and by ensuring quality customer service to our patients and caregivers.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the managing the day-to-day scheduling of patients and field staff as ordered by the physician ensuring that open patient shifts are staffed with appropriately matched caregivers. Oversees the relationship between patients, families and caregivers ensuring quality customer service and care is provided at all times.
- Advises field staff and caregivers on the process of providing exceptional customer service and assist caregivers with problem solving customer service issues between themselves, patients and families.
- Responsible for taking corrective action to manage caregiver call outs and/or performance issues.
- Responsible for performance management of field staff and caregivers through providing evaluations regarding the nonclinical aspects of caregiver performance. Partners with Clinical Supervisors to develop a cohesive performance review providing evaluation on family/patient relationship, complaints, incidents, no call, no shows, etc.
- Responsible for developing and distributing accurate client schedules in a timely manner.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of and adherence to Aveannas policies and procedures and is accountable for holding caregivers to the same.
- Responsible for maintaining, managing, and reporting on the staffing levels of assigned cases on a daily and weekly basis
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with all local, state, federal and Company policies and procedures regarding the scheduling and hiring of field staff and caregivers (i.e. state and case specific licensing, credentials, background checks, etc.)
- Participates in the recruitment, screening and onboarding of new field staff and caregivers. Monitors job boards to identify and contact potential candidates, reaches out to re-engage inactive caregivers, manages the interview process, etc.
- Participates in the orientation of new staff and develops an understanding of the skill level and availability of each to ensure appropriate patient placement. Builds a relationship and rapport with the caregiver and schedules he/she according to their skill level, availability and patient needs.
- Contributes to the effective management of office labor costs by negotiating and managing field staff pay rates and overtime for assigned cases and through the efficient utilization of caregivers.
- Participates in business development efforts within the location through development of relationships with hospital discharge planners, insurance case workers, client relations directors, etc.
- Continuously evaluates the services that Aveanna provides to its clients and makes recommendations on improving existing services.
- Supports branch team in people services, payroll, compliance, quality assurance and billing tasks and initiatives as needed.
- Partners with branch director and other team members to ensure a consistent focus on Aveanna 5 Cs (Census Growth, Clinical Outcomes, Customer Satisfaction, Cost Control and Cash Collection) and Compliance initiatives.
- Participates in on-call duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with internal and external staff.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills
- Must be able available to provide on-call coverage when needed
- Some home healthcare operations experience a plus
- Bilingual a plus
- Prior supervisory experience in a high-volume work environment
- Must lead with strong customer service drive and purpose
- Must be able to adhere to confidentiality standards and professional boundaries at all times
- Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Time Management
- Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Quick-thinking and astute decision making skills
- Ability to train and supervise staff
- Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
- Must be able to travel
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Prolonged walking, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
- Must be able to sit and climb stairs
- Must have visual and hearing acuity
- Performs duties in an office environment during agency operating hours
- Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.