Herzing University – Remote
Herzing University s online campus is looking for a remote clinical coordinator. The clinical coordinator is responsible for acquiring, contracting, and monitoring all clinical sites for courses and student experiences. In coordination with the program administrator, he/she will arrange the clinical schedule at the facilities and forecast clinical needs for upcoming semesters. This position is also responsible for helping to coordinate and arrange clinical with the online nursing team.
The Clinical Coordinator is a non-faculty role, however, this role ensures that all faculty meet the requirements of assigned facilities and that required paperwork is submitted to the clinical facilities within the required time frame. This position is also required to coordinate an orientation program for clinical faculty to ensure that program outcomes are being met.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of staffing and compliance with governing bodys policies and procedures, and any other information regarding practice that might impact the achievement of program outcomes.
- Maintain site selection criteria and contract documentation.
- Visit all clinical sites at least once each rotation to facilitate positive communication and feedback between site staff and program.
- Work in conjunction with program administrator to establish clinical schedules and facilitate student clinical learning experiences.
- Work in conjunction with the practicum/internship course coordinator to place students for their assignment.
- Advise the program administrator on program areas of interest, i.e. clinical site availability, opportunities, and appropriateness; areas of concern, etc.
- Provide recommendations to the program administrator on compliance with clinical facility policies and procedures.
- Comply with all policies and procedures and make recommendations for changes when appropriate.
- Establish and maintain a system to ensure the timely and accurate completion and submission of facility, campus, system, government and accrediting agency reports related to the clinical experience.
- Participate in Partner relations including building business contacts within the community.
- Ensure all necessary facility-required documentation and training is completed in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Provide orientation, training, and development guidance to faculty and students regarding their clinical site.
- Provide recommendations to the program administrator concerning the upkeep and purchase of subject-specific hardware, software and other media.
- Serve as the first point of contact for resolution of clinical personnel issues, which may arise between staff at the clinical site and clinical faculty and students. Engages program administrator as appropriate in facilitating the resolution of clinical personnel issues if further intervention is needed.
- Participate in required meetings.
- Participate in meetings at the clinical facilities as necessary.
- Participate in course meetings arranged by the course leads to ensure that clinical settings are meeting the needs of the course.
- Participate in professional development activities as appropriate.
- Accept and complete additional related duties as assigned by the program administrator.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, integrity, and ethical practice with emphasis on problem solving, conflict management, adaptability, creativity, and sensitivity to diversity.
- Willingness to self-assess, take feedback, and incorporate results.
- Ability to recognize and proactively address areas of opportunity and challenge.
- Proven administrative, strategic thinking and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Proven ability to function as a member of a team within established college, state, federal, and accrediting/approval agency regulations, policies and procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Master s of Science in Nursing Degree
- Clinical Coordinators must meet all programmatic accreditation requirements.