Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow s physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
This is a dual role position reporting to the Clinical Operations and Business Analytics team (COBA), overseeing analytics for the Revenue Cycle and assisting in the management of the Revenue Cycle project portfolio
. The convergence of these two areas into one provides DFCI with a unique advantage by structurally aligning two areas to promote and deliver strategic insights and reporting enablers. This position also provides consistency between Revenue Cycle/Financial, Operations and Clinical analytics.
The incumbent must develop an in-depth understanding of our data and data structures as well as the ability to translate specifications into programming logic, and create visualizations and reports. The analyst will be expected to take the lead on new projects, function independently within a fast-paced environment, work on several different projects/tasks concurrently and serve as a data advisor to the Revenue Cycle and COBA team as new projects or ad hoc reports are collaboratively being developed. Assignments will include complex data analysis projects that can be multi-disciplinary or interdepartmental. The analyst will also collaborate with the Data Management team to address data requirements for analytic reporting. The analyst will work with a variety of tools (ex: SAS, SQL, Excel, Oracle, Tableau, etc.) to access data, write queries, develop programming logic, run reports, manipulate, and analyze large datasets to meet the needs of institute. The Mission, Vision, and Core Values of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute are incorporated into all areas of practice.
- Provide quantitative and qualitative reporting support detailed analyses of data and information relating to existing or proposed Revenue Cycle projects
- Utilize business intelligence tools to create reports and dashboards
- Serve as a technical expert for compiling, cleaning, manipulating, and analyzing data related to assigned projects
- Write and develop complex, iterative and multi-part reports and dashboards and prepare summaries of important points
- Work with administrative areas to assess new programs or initiatives, evaluating Medicare and commercial insurance coverage, clinical and documentation obligations, and billing requirements to ensure appropriate payment. Engage other stakeholders as necessary
- Support ongoing strategic initiatives that impact Dana-Farber programs with Brigham and Womens Hospital, Boston Childrens Hospital, Dana-Farber Satellite Centers, and Dana-Farber Community Cancer Care practices
- Provide analytic and process implementation support for cross-functional initiatives relating to the electronic medical record and revenue cycle systems
- Immediately bring to the attention of COBA lead issues, concerns and problems which may hinder achievement of deadlines and or/ accomplishments of responsibilities
- Perform other similar and related duties as required or directed
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree in Finance Accounting, Business Administration, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or related field
- 2+ years of data analysis and/or revenue cycle experience in a healthcare setting
- Programming abilities and/or statistical software skills are extremely desirable
- Experience with EPIC Reporting extremely desirable
- Experience utilizing business intelligence tools, such as Tableau and SQL
- Experience with SQL, MS Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Word and data mining techniques
- Must be able to function independently in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities
- Must have superior interpersonal and communication skills to effectively work and communicate with all levels of internal and external staff
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access. Competent with additional Microsoft Office suite software (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio...)
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. SQL...) using a variety of applications (Excel, MS Access, Stata, SAS)
- Experience and Understanding of EPIC Patient Financials is preferred.
- Programming abilities
- Comfortable learning new software tools
- Must be able to remain open-minded about data exploration, vet work independently and ensure accuracy of all reports before delivering end-results
- Proven ability to document business requirements and ability to design and develop reports
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to function independently and manage multiple priorities
- Must be very flexible in coordinating complex activities that are often subject to rapid or extensive changes and be able to prioritize urgent requests
- Exceptional service orientation
- Ability to motivate and inspire others in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively manage client and partner expectations
- Willingness to invest in understanding diverse stakeholder cultures, motivations and practices to enable consensus-based solutions
- Strong sense of balance and ethics, ability to consistently represent the interests and mission of the DFCI and act on behalf of its current and future patients
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.