Basic Qualifications Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Business equivalent is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master s degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Certified Public Accountant designation is desired.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Closeout Billing Specialist. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nations fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Work independently processing cancelling funds, retroactive rate adjustments and final invoices for Cost Plus (CPFF, CPAF, CPIF), Time & Material (T&M), and Firm Fixed Price (FFP) contracts.
- Work closely with customers, government agencies (i.e. DFAS) and DCAA/DCMA staff members.
- Work closely with Lead Closeout Billing Specialist, Billing Managers, Financial Analysts, Contract Administrators, and Project Managers.
- Complete accurate and compliant contract invoices in support of revenue, EBIT and cash goals.
- Follow all Billing Policies and Procedures to ensure successful internal/external audits
- Maintain billing folders and contract documents for assigned projects (physical and electronic)
- Meet all invoice submission and/or distribution deadlines.
- Reviews, tracks and maintains billing information in the financial systems, ensuring accuracy and compliance with U.S. GAAP and other accounting regulations.
- Perform complex ACRN reconciliations.
- Accounts Receivable monitoring/tracking as assigned by management.
- Analyzes payments for Accounts Receivable and assist the Cash Application group with unidentified customer payments as needed.
- Assist with various reporting requirements and special projects as needed.
- Provide audit support and assist or lead other special projects as needed.
- May interpret reports and records for managers/stakeholders.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Requires considerable knowledge of accounting practices including US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) Requires considerable knowledge of FAR, DFAR, CAS, Excellent organization and time management skills Detail oriented with an interest in accounting or finance Excellent communication skills both written and verbal Advanced oral and written communication skills Advanced computer skills including knowledge of accounting software applications such as MS Excel, Hyperion Essbase, Oracle Excellent analytical and problem solving skills Requires high performance attributes Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities Ability to show initiative on assignments, and professionally execute projects with little to no direction
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
Company Overview General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!