Whitespace Solutions is an Alexandria, VA-based company obsessed with the future of Intelligence and National Security. Our small team of analysts and developers are breaking down barriers to move the intelligence, law enforcement, and Department of Defense communities from the industrial age into the digital age. We are focused on harnessing the intersection of Tradecraft, Technology, and Training to overclock the most powerful computers on Earth: the human mind. We aim to sustainably achieve >100x performance improvements for collectors, analysts, and decision makers by empowering them with new thinking styles, analytical methods, artificial intelligence, and immersive 3D/4D user environments all without requiring anyone to be an expert in code. We believe this is what s necessary to create the next generation intelligence workforce capable of adapting and winning in the increasingly fast-paced and ever-changing global threat landscape.
Were currently looking for three new team members to serve as Cloud Engineers for one of our Federal clients in Washington, DC. You will play a key role in engineering, developing, and administering a Federal enterprise cloud environment serving over 50,000 users. The work entails identifying on-premise infrastructure technologies as candidates for cloud migration, propose cloud equivalents, automate the migration and then manage the provision and maintenance of those resources against network, storage, and compute needs. You will also participate in technical project reviews focused on aligning technical designs with the clients operational requirements, infrastructure, and security standards. Additionally, youll be responsible for helping the client ensure compliance with incident, problem, and change management procedures via ticket-based requests. Candidates must have an excellent attention to detail, be results-focused and delivery-oriented, with an ability to balance the need for high quality against meeting deadlines. These positions are full-time on-site at the clients facility which requires at least a Secret security clearance, though Top Secret is preferred.
Were interested in you if you have:
- At least 4 years of experience in designing, engineering, and administering cloud solutions
- Ability to clearly translate technical requirements and concepts for broad audiences
- Ability to work comfortably as an individual and with teams in a DevOps environment
- Experience with upgrade planning and implementation of operating systems and software
- Experience deploying and running resources in Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, automation tools, and code promotion processes/methodologies
- Experience deploying infrastructure as code using AWS CloudFormation templates, Azure ARM templates, Chef, Terraform, or other automation tools
- Experience with Python, JSON, and/or YAML
Certifications arent required but extremely helpful if you have them. Opportunities to pursue certifications are available to all employees.
We re specifically interested in:
- Amazon Web Services Associate or Professional Level certificate
- Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect, Developer, DevOps Engineer, or similar
If youre interested in joining a small but growing team of passionate technologists and intel professionals, please get in touch with us as wed love to interview you!