Cloud Network Architect
Skysolutions LLC – Lansing, MI
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 8-10 years of relevant experience required.
- 3-5 years experience architecting, designing, executing, and supporting IT cloud solutions.
- Expert understanding of cloud network connectivity solutions, as well as experience designing and transferring applications to the cloud.
- Extensive knowledge of high-performance data center solutions, network infrastructure, LAN/WAN, SD-WAN, and network security.
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage assignments on multiple projects, in a fast-changing technical environment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead other through projects.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed.
- Advanced presentation skills.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides cloud networking guidance and architectural oversight during project definition and design.
- Ensures solutions are aligned to the cloud strategy and architecture.
- Provides strategic recommendations for networking design, infrastructure design, software development design/architecture, application frameworks, and interfaces.
- Supports and enables engineering teams implementing cloud network system architectures.
- Drives cloud security and compliance requirements into the cloud architecture framework, including data integration points with on-premise and other cloud services.
- Presents technical concepts and specific solutions to internal and external audiences of varying technical capabilities in a clear, concise, and easily understood manner.
- Defines and documents the cloud network architecture and drive its implementation across all the cloud components.
- Be the champion of and advocate for adopting the best architecture and design practices to ensure Jacksons cloud projects are built consistently and aligned with the defined cloud architecture.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or another relevant field or equivalent experience and/or education.