Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldnt anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and skys-the-limit thinking a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each others ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsofts mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
As Microsoft boldly proclaims a mission of empowerment, our Team needs Cloud Program Managers (CPM) to lead and execute these programs across our customer base. We are looking for a program manager capable of driving growth across the continuum of our products, cloud services and partner solutions. The core of the CPMs role is a relentless focus on customer success and customer outcomes. As a part of our Customer Success Unit, the Cloud Program Manager leads the entire cycle of program management from capture through program execution.
The Cloud Program Manager will lead a matrixed team across Microsoft, our partners and customer personnel as appropriate. The Cloud Program Managers focus is to help the GM of the Customer Success Unit and key stakeholders drive the capture strategy, partner strategy, planning, and team operations for the execution of large enterprise deals at Microsoft. The Cloud Program Manager will be a key and strategic partner across the business, become a trusted advisor and business partner to the broader Industry team operating at highest levels of the company.Customer Success Management
- Lead and Partner with Program Stakeholders and Customers to achieve their goals for digital transformation while maximizing Microsofts position across the digital estate within a customer and program.
- Coordinate with various product and services teams within Microsoft and its Partner Ecosystem and introduce those products and services to customers to enhance digital transformation in alignment with customer objectives and program outcomes.
Winning New Business
- Lead and direct large enterprise cloud implementations across multiple projects, workstreams and external and internal teams.
- Ensure the successful implementation of Program Objectives. Develop schedules for program milestones, reviews, customer interfaces and internal milestone tracking.
- Develop strong internal relationships across a matrixed team of Account Executives, Technical Architects, Engineering, Services and Support for the successful execution of program objectives.
- Lead, direct and drive annualized growth and financial performance across multiple engagements in the program.
- Lead face-to-face customer reviews with senior management and establish trusted customer relationships that enable the customer to reach success in the shortest amount of time possible.
- Lead customer engagement to serve as a single Microsoft voice pulling all internal resources to bear for each customer in a coordinate and consolidated manner. Coordinate and orchestrate across multiple workstreams and teams for larger, complex programs. Single POC for delivery/program execution to the Sales, Engineering, Microsoft Services, Executive Management and Microsoft Partners.
- Oversee contract execution and program implementation to include program financial performance against assigned targets and gap planning to overcome any forecasted shortfall to targets.
- Create and maintain program documentation to include: Program Management Plan(s) and POA&Ms for programs. Oversee the creation of Technical Direction documents, CONOPs, and standard operating procedures for programs.
- Track contract deadlines and draft/create deliverables. Submit contract deliverables on schedule (Project Plans, Technical Documents/CONOPS, Monthly Program Reviews, etc.)
- Establish and lead recurring, cadenced team (daily/weekly/bi-weekly) meetings with all key internal stakeholders.
- Hold contract kick-offs and Technical Exchange Meetings with partners/customers. Lead and facilitate the technical resourcing of meetings for stated outcomes.
- Lead partner engagement in collaboration with Microsoft One Commercial Partner organization to accelerate and scale customer program results
- Work with Business Development and Capture to Identify adjacent large, multi-year opportunities with the ability to shape Enterprise Program Requirements.
- Work with Account Executives to develop and execute client call plans. Assist with the alignment of call plans to the customer landscape, program objectives, and the overall business objectives for growth.
- Lead Corporate response to Customer Request for Proposals (RFP) to include leading strategy and implementation of Microsoft responses to RFPs
- Draft proposals to include leading elements of the proposal such as volume leads for management, technical, past performance or small business. Leads key sections of Oral Presentations to the government and/or demonstrations as required.
- Coordinate with partners on capture efforts to facilitate the inclusion of partner capabilities within proposals.
- Liaison with Internal Sales elements to ensure smooth and rapid hand-off from capture to execution, and maintain communications with to drive future sales and consumption based on customer/partner needs
- The ideal candidate is a seasoned business professional with multi-disciplinary experience, who has the aspiration and potential to grow as a broad business leader, especially in leading multi-year, large Azure cloud engagements of $5m-$250m
- Excellent skills in all aspects of planning, cross-group collaboration, resource orchestration, communications, analytical capabilities and attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, innovation, and the ability to motivate, inspire, and lead cross group/functional teams with a high degree of independence and success
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and take action on go to market approaches, joint value propositions, and business cases around strategic partnerships
- Building long term relationships and key influencers
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and share in large or highly strategic accounts
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication
- Proven years of success in consultative/complex technical deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects)
- Leadership experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Prior work experience of 10+ years in a Program Management position within a software and/or services company such as Salesforce, Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Avanade, HP, ServiceNow, Dell, Rackspace or SoftLayer.
- Travel ranges from 25-75% depending on location and assignments
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work