The Customer Success Architect sits in the Customer Success organization within WCB, focusing on Microsofts Cloud and AI Platform. The Customer Success Team is an enterprise organization responsible for helping customers with the building, deploying and operating Microsofts Cloud and AI Platform. The CSU Architect team is a technical team that accomplishes three strategic goals: 1) Work directly with our most strategic customer projects worldwide to ensure they are successful on the platform, 2) Ensure our engineering teams fully understand the end to end technical details of their services through the eyes of our customers, and 3) Share best practices with the larger community worldwide.
The architect in CS WCB is a senior level individual contributor who works globally and who will lead strategic projects, mentor technical team members and be the voice driving strategic decisions in engineering representing our customers. This architect role will be required to be a subject matter expert in one or more of the following technical domains: Application Development, Cloud infrastructure, Data Platform, Cloud Scale Analytics, AI and ML, and/or Identity/security.
The Architect along with the other Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) technical delivery personnel, will be responsible for:
- Driving customer Success on the Azure platform with a special focus in your technical domain
- Acting as the subject matter expert for running workloads on Azure, and support customer/partner deployments with deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers
- Impacting the strategic direction of core engineering
- Moving the dial with high quality guidance for our external community
- Mentoring and developing of team technical delivery personnel
This role will be exposed to unique, high-end and challenging, technical problems to solve. This architect will connect, share and learn from some of the best software engineers in the world.
Travel to Redmond WA in the United States is required as this is where the core engineering activities take place. There will be 50-75% regional and worldwide travel as the Architect is expected to work directly with customers and other CSAs onsite.
- Passionate and diverse thinker
- Experience: 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications
- Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects.
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies
- Collaboration and Communication. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
- Hands on experience with implementation of Big Data / Analytic solutions and/or modern Cloud applications
- Client-facing solutions delivery experience is required.
- Strong communications skills are required.
- Passion to drive the next generation computing paradigm preferred.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, etc.)
- Experience building Open source solutions
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management is required.
- 5+ years of professional experience engineering cloud solutions, including solution architecture, design, build and deployment.
Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following is required:
- 5+ years experience in RDBMS: deep knowledge including performance query analysis, sizing, HA/DR and storage/disk design of SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, MaxDB, etc.
- 5+ years experience Hyper-Visor/Cloud/Networking: Able to design, deploy and troubleshoot solutions based on the following: Azure or AW0053
- Knowledge of Network Architecture and standards for large enterprise deployments and operation understanding security frameworks specific to IT Standards (PCI/PII/SOX/ETC)
- Knowledge of Storage technologies and testing specific to enterprise storage requirements (SAN/NAS/Object/Block)
- Monitoring tool proficiency (OMS, Solution Manager, Zenoss, Zabbix, Tivoli)
- Troubleshooting experience specific to network connectivity, storage performance, operating systems optimization
- Able to produce technical documentation consistent with Reference Architecture principles
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management and developers)
- Expertise in data estate workloads like HDInsight, Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark, Python and/or
- SQL including OSS (postgre, MySQL etc), Azure SQL
- NoSQL Databases including OSS (Maria, Mongo etc), Cosmos DB
- Big Data including SQL DW, Snowflake, Big Query, Redshift
- Advanced Analytics including Azure Data Bricks, visualization tools as PowerBI, Tableau
- Data Governance
- Data Science
- Machine Learning including Azure ML, ML Server
- Artificial Intelligence including BOT framework, Cognitive Services
- Knowledge of cloud development platforms, able to articulate value proposition of MS technologies over competition (like AWS, GCP, Virtustream, Hana Enterprise Cloud etc.) preferred
- Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs preferred
Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field is preferred
Certification in the following technologies preferred: Cloud, mobile, web application development, cloud-native application architecture (i.e. containers, microservices, API management), modern software development techniques like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure developer services, GitHub) and container orchestration systems (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Azure Kubernetes Service, GitHub). (Preferred)
Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Salesforce, Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Accenture, T-Systems, Wipro, CSC, HP, Infosys, ServiceNow, Dell, TCS, Rackspace, SoftLayer desired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.