Cloud Strategy Specialist Leader
Deloitte is an industry leader in our clients Digital transformations. We recognize that the backbone enabling our clients highest aspirations for business agility, velocity and efficiency is next-gen Cloud solutions. From cloud consulting, to implementation, and ongoing managed services we offer a full scope of Cloud services and solutions.
We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage. We want talent who is ready to innovate cloud services and empower our clients to leap frog forward in their technical capabilities. Building your career at Deloitte offers the opportunity to work with cutting-edge Cloud technologies to deliver next-Gen Cloud solutions. We embrace the tech pioneer mindset and always enable our talent to keep their skills evolving at the speed at which the technology marketplace is evolving.
Our Cloud Strategy practice is focused on developing and executing multi-dimensional cloud strategies that consider the platform, architecture, security, organizational and financial aspects of adopting cloud technologies.
Work youll do
Our practitioners work collaboratively within integrated, cross-functional teams to deliver comprehensive strategies that enable Cloud and Infrastructure transformations. Teamwork is crucial as teams are composed of a diverse group of specialists across multiple disciplines from both within our consulting practice and from our clients, helping drive towards a successful outcome. Our practitioners are expected to own and deliver their respective deliverables while managing different clients and other stakeholders.
- 10+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience, with proven ability to build trusted relationships with senior business and technology leaders (up to and including CxO)
- Experience managing multiple and/or large engagements with more than 10 resources and comfort presenting to senior leadership and executives at Fortune 500 organizations
- Proven ability to successfully lead complex, multi-thread cloud transformation sales cycles across solution, commercial and risk management dimensions
- Relevant and experience of initiating and running multi-year cloud transformation programs and initiatives for mid to large scale organizations inclusive of people, process and technology change
- 4 or more years of experience in Cloud solutions (IaaS/PaaS/Big Data and Analytics) Strategy and Implementation for mid or large size organizations (this includes private/public Clouds on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or VMWare)
- Relevant experience in building methods and tools to review clients technology landscapes to identify a range of business-valued cloud uses cases and selecting the preferred public cloud platform for each use case
- Ability and experience leading mid and large scale organization in all of the following areas: quantifying the business value of cloud, evaluating the organizational impact of cloud adoption, defining cloud architectural principles and articulating key security considerations for public cloud moves
- Experience in leading migration of significant volumes of application and/or data workloads to public cloud
- Excellent articulation, communication and strong inter personal skills
- Experience in defining business solutions (enabled by cloud) in one or more of the following industries: Automotive, Entertainment, Financial Services, Life Sciences, Retail, Technology or Transportation.
- Ability to work with a multi-location team
- Willingness to travel 80 100% of the time (Monday Thursday/Friday)
- MBA preferred
- Experience with designing, implementing, or operating IT systems on leading commercial Cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure, and Google
- Experience in defining business strategies (enabled by big data and analytics in cloud) to gain more meaningful and actionable business insight
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration platforms
- Experience with modern development and testing techniques such as continuous delivery and continuous integration
- Practical experience with modern cloud-based operations including experience leading teams of Site Reliability Engineers
- Experience in designing for resiliency in the cloud, including, an understanding of key application resiliency patterns
- Experience in reviewing and optimizing cloud-based usage and spending post initial cloud deployments
- A background in software development and experience in configuration management (e.g., Chef, Puppet)
- Technology understanding of API management solutions and their role across enabling an enterprise cloud
- Experience with cloud relevant application architectures such as microservices or building cloud native applications
How youll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe theres always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloittes impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area youre applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.