Consolidated Metco (ConMet) is a leading global manufacturer of components for the commercial vehicle industry. We design, engineer, and manufacture wheel ends, aluminum castings and plastic components for the commercial vehicle market. Our team is made up of more than 6,000 people across the United States, Mexico and China. For more information about our company, visit our web site at www.conmet.com. ConMet is a subsidiary of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of America s largest 100% employee-owned (ESOP) companies.
The CNC Operator at ConMet s Vancouver, WA facility has responsibilities ranging from operating the automation cell, monitoring the dimensional results of in process gaging and the CMM, managing all aspects of tool life and changing out tooling as needed. The role also involves performing daily routine maintenance on the production equipment, monitoring various quality control aspects such as surface finish, burrs, and chips, and maintaining daily production records. At times, you may assist others based on production needs, up to and including (but not limited to) part packaging, final part inspection, and CMM inspection.
Our equipment includes: Mori Seiki Lathes, Fanuc Robotics, and Zeiss CMMs
This posting is for our 2nd shift (typically 3pm to 11:30pm). For more info on our state-of-the-art CNC Machining facility in Vancouver (including a map), please visit: https://www.conmet.com/locations/vancouver-wa-building-59/
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and maintain automated CNC cells, inspection stations, wash stations, and in process inspection.
- Handle material to load the cell and ensure FIFO process is being followed.
- Perform routine tool changes in the lathe cells using quick change tooling, and adjust tool offsets as needed during the changeover. Monitor dimensions from the automation cell HMI screens and CMM reports.
- At times, recover the automation cell and/or lathes from unintentional stops and return the cell to a production ready status. This could include moving the Fanuc robots to a safe home position and returning the in process gage back to a ready position.
- Perform incoming inspection on raw material prior to loading into the automation cell
- Work directly with end of the line inspectors on any concerns found in outgoing production parts.
- Work directly with Process Engineers and to ensure all processes are being followed.
- Monitor and maintain production quality metrics and documentation through CMM results and proper machine offsets.
- May make adjustments to the CNC machines as needed to maintain part quality.
- Maintains awareness of manufacturing activities and how those contribute to achieving quality objectives.
- Perform minor machine maintenance such as monitoring/replenishing machine coolant, and way oil.
- One or more years of experience operating CNC machines required
- High School diploma or GED
- Basic computer and math skills
- Common knowledge of micrometer/calipers for measuring parts preferred
- Blue print reading would be preferred, but not required
- Willing to work overtime as required by business conditions
- Must demonstrate a quality awareness attitude
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to comply with all written and verbal process directions
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent hourly wage
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance and disability protection, paid vacation time and more
- Significant participation in the company s Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Company 401k program (with 5% match)
- College tuition reimbursement (up to $5,000/year) and internal employee development programs
- Gym membership reimbursement (up to $50 per month)
ConMet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- measuring parts using (micrometers or calipers): 1 year (Preferred)
- CNC machine operation: 1 year (Required)