Based on the size of the BSCs and the related organizational structures, several AR Collections Specialist will support the Credit and Collections function within a BSC. The Collections Specialist is responsible for the daily tasks related to collection efforts of a portfolio of customer accounts. The Collections Specialist will effectively communicate and support the Divisions collection goals, while providing quality customer service. The Collections Specialist will obtain an understanding of Company policies and procedures, and will actively pursue knowledge of skills and tools to be used in all collection efforts. Recognition of significant credit risks and escalation of these matters are critical. Collection efforts are time sensitive, requiring excellent skills in organization and management of time, efforts, and resources. From time to time, research will be required, the Collections Specialist will employ skills and resources to achieve a thorough understanding of information. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following: Identify account risks, potential credit problems, disputes, and other customer issues. Generates reports and communicates potential risks to Accounts Receivable Supervisor, as well as field contacts (Branch Manager, Account Manager, Area Sales Manager, or District Manager). Escalate significant matters to Accounts Receivable Supervisor.
- Contact customers regarding invoices / accounts which are past due. Provide information as requested in order to facilitate a quick remittance. Obtain future pay information.
- Review/release/escalate sales on a routine basis throughout the work day.
- Prioritize portfolio so collection efforts result in maximum benefits. Watch for key indicators when a customer account is falling behind, becoming delinquent.
- Maintain quality relationships with branch managers, account managers, district managers and AVPs. These relationships can be critical with collection efforts. Involve regional collections managers when possible and keep them informed of issues at all times.
- Documentation is critical, log conversations, e-mails and other communications. Organize documentation as to facilitate follow-up efforts. Initiate appropriate follow-up action on mail returned as undeliverable.
- Identify errors and discrepancies on customers accounts. Create dispute items to be investigated and resolved. Work closely with the dispute Team when investigating/resolving disputes
- Utilize customer service skills at all times to ensure collections efforts do not impair customer relationships.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A proven track record of success in prior collection roles, a plus.
- An ability to see the collections operation as a financially oriented customer service function which balances cost control with support for the business.
- The successful candidate must have a strong client service mindset and the ability to use collaborative and non-adversarial approaches in achieving diverse goals.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess:
- Good organizational and people skills. The ability to work and navigate within a complex matrixed organization.
- Organize and synthesize information using sound judgment towards making decisions on a routine basis.
- Strong communication and customer service skills and a quality mindset.
- The ability to adapt to a rapidly-changing environment and understand/utilize new technologies and tools.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some commercial collection experience preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus, but not required.
- Understanding of quality customer service and the relationship to collection efforts.
- Experience with SAP and/or ERP systems a plus, basic excel experience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger , handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work environment is an office setting.
Qualifications EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability