Provide administrative support to assigned lending officer(s) through processing of loan files, and serve as primary contact for customers.
Direct Management Received:
Under the general direction of the Manager, Commercial Administration; Manager, Commercial Banking; Executive Administrative Assistant; or Commercial Administrative Manager and Business Analyst, depending on work location.
Direct Management Exercised:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serve as primary support to the Relationship Manager.
- Coordinate all general customer service between the Relationship Manager and the customers.
- Ensure all commercial credit applications/requests are supported with appropriate information and meet the standard requirements as defined in the banks policies/processes.
- Ensure compliance with Regulations B.
- Coordinate, monitor and support all upcoming maturities, delinquent accounts, portfolio exceptions and exception tracking.
- Responsible for managing and uploading information onto a third party data site (if supporting loan syndications).
- Serve as primary support to Credit Liaison/Loan Committee Secretary.
2. Start all Underwriting requests by submitting application to Credit.
- Provide additional assistance and support on any requests made to complete underwriting/approve the request.
- Assist Loan Committee Secretary with follow up on action items and/or decisions from Loan Committee.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
In addition to the list below, it is understood that all positions with the company require individuals who possess a pleasant and friendly attitude, project sensitivity towards customers and fellow employees, and maintain a neat and clean professional appearance. Core competencies have been identified as relevant to every position within the company and include: Ethics and Integrity, Listening, Business Acumen, Customer Focus, Approachable and Savvy, Action Oriented, Managing Time & Priorities, Work/Life Balance, Composure & Patience, Drive for Results, Self Development & Knowledge, Dealing with Change, Decision Quality, and Informing.
- Understands processes and procedures necessary to successfully perform tasks
- Possesses the technical and computer skills required in the position
- Demonstrates the ability to learn rapidly and adapt quickly to new processes and technology
Managing Time & Priorities
- Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently
- Focuses efforts on important priorities
- Accomplishes more tasks and assignments in less time
- Can attend to several priorities at a time
- Eliminates roadblocks and stays focused
- Plans daily tasks so important work is accomplished
- Uses workplace tools, technology or personal methods to keep track of priorities and assignments
- Prioritizes and works on multiple tasks effectively while maintaining high quality work results
Working Relationships (Boss Relationships and Peer Relationships)
- Works well in cooperation with others for the benefit of the company
- Receives and carries out instruction in a positive manner
- Responds well to constructive critique from manager and peers
- Remains open to learning and coaching
- Viewed as a team player by being cooperative and collaborative
- Performs work with energy and drive
- Values planning
- Will take quick decisive action when an opportunity presents itself
- Welcomes learning opportunities and remains open to change
- Displays an eagerness and capacity to learn when faced with new situations and problems
- Learns quickly
- Experiments and tries new solutions
- Views new assignments as a learning experience and enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Seeks opportunities to learn from others
- Identifies areas for personal career development and growth
- Exhibits flexibility when working with others and adapts to changing situations
- Reaches conclusive decisions after thoroughly researching alternatives and takes responsibility for decisions made
- Independently prioritizes multiple tasks and manages time and work schedule to meet responsibilities
- Good at figuring out the process to use to get things done
- Knows how to separate and combine tasks into efficient workflow
- Can follow the process through to results.
Education - High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Experience - Over one (1) through three (3) years of banking, commercial, lending or related experience.
Other - None
Work Hours Mon-Fri, 8:45am - 5:00pm