Commercial Banking Underwriter & Portfolio Manager (Boston)-1903524
Description Santanders Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government.
Our clients rely on the strength of Santanders balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santanders significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
The main function of the Underwriter/Portfolio Manager is to analyze and underwrite loans to commercial banking clients with $100M+ in annual revenues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze, interpret and underwrite complex transactions in compliance with respective guidelines
- Prepare and present comprehensive loan approval package to credit committee
- Collect, package, review and reconcile loan application documents including financial/credit exhibits under various underwriting programs
- Conduct detailed economic and demographic research to determine feasibility of transactions
- Conduct inspections when applicable
- Order and perform the preliminary review of all third party reports (appraisal, inspection and environmental) for compliance with guidelines.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Management, Economics or equivalent field, or equivalent work experience
- 3-15 years of hands-on underwriting experience (preferably with commercial or corporate clients having $100M+ in annual revenues)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with little supervision
- Ability to work well with others and on teams
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrates strong judgment and sound credit skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Federal banking regulations
- Strong analytical skills and proficient with financial statements
- Builds and maintains network of contacts and resources and knows who to involve in problem resolution
- Natural skepticism and curiosity to question the status quo and uncover issues
- Works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change
- Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members
- Follows through to meet commitments to others
- Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands
- Identifies the component parts of a complex situation or problem and the relationship among variables that are not obvious
- Knows who to reach out to inside and outside of the team to get work done
- Takes action to enhance working relationships needed to achieve seamless work flow
- Probes in-depth to understand the customer s business needs
- Explores and understands the customer s alternatives and decision criteria
- Understands the relevant products and services and the markets in which they are sold and their risk return to the organization
- Can identify and speak to major operational issues across the organization
Job:Underwriting Primary Location:Massachusetts-Boston-28 State Street - 06560 - 28 State Street Organization:Commercial Banking (4700) Schedule:Full-time
Job Posting:Jun 24, 2019, 4:28:52 PM