When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, youll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The Commodity Specialist will perform sourcing activities to insure appropriate support for Total Cost Sourcing efforts sourced via preferred domestic & LCR Suppliers. Develop the supply base (for assigned commodities) and assist in the development of the sourcing strategy. Drive year over year cost reduction. Drive Lean Supply Chain initiatives and develop long term supplier relationship.
What will you do?
- Organize and procure direct and indirect materials and services for Business Unit supporting ongoing demand and new product development efforts.
- Negotiate and manage legal and commercial contracts for assigned commodities (under supervision).
- Develop new, and manage ongoing, cost reduction efforts utilizing Total Cost of Ownership, Return-on-Investment and Make/Buy methodologies.
- Participate in the research and development of product specifications that meet the requirements of the end item products.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing and Suppliers to execute Value Engineering (VE) opportunities.
- Become functional liaison between Manufacturing, Engineering and the Supply Chain across the Business.
- Select suppliers utilizing negotiation and competitive bid processincluding e-procurement tools.
- Monitor Supplier performance and lead corrective action recommendations.
- Work closely with Supplier Development Engineers (SDE) in performing on-site supplier assessments. Provide overall leadership.
- Deploy value added inventory management techniques i.e. Pull; SOMI and Consignment.
- Ensure alignment of supply base with corporate guidelines on payment terms
- Plan and manage delivery of purchased items, including imports.
- Work closely with stakeholders to provide direct materials, MRO support and logistics.
How will you get here?
- Bachelors Degree in business or related field is preferred.
- 3+ years purchasing experience as a direct material buyer. CPIM or CPM desired.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a group, to accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Proven success record in implementing significant Work-Out and Productivity programs incorporating PPI and Lean concepts.
- Ability to form relationships within the Procurement function that facilitates exchange of ideas throughout Global Procurement.
- Working knowledge of MRP and ERP principles and materials management is a must. APICS and/or ISM certification preferred.
- Negotiation skills - Understands completely the dynamics of negotiation with the ultimate goal of achieving the highest value outcome for both parties while being able to recognize when an agreement should not be made.
- Drives for Results - Consistently hits the goals and objectives set while always focusing on driving towards stretch goals.
- Written Communication Skills - Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles in order to achieve the impactful result.
- Technical (continuous) learning - Demonstrates the mental agility to acquire new concepts rapidly and has an aptitude for learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Presentation Skills - Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups and up and down the levels of the organization
- Must have experience with supplier certification processes as well as Make/Buy analysis.
- Experience with Material Management Systems (ERP/MRP).
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities within established deadlines.
- Strong PC computer skills including, Excel, MS Project and Word.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular missionenabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.