Selfhelp – New York, NY
- Serve as day to day manager of Selfhelps various digital platforms, including social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube) along with the organizations website. Create content, campaigns, and maintain a calendar for planning purposes. Using analytics, develop content that increases engagement on our social platforms, with a focus on video production, with the goal of creating and sharing one (1) video per month.
- Using analytics and in coordination with the Director, make website edits to increase traffic to our website by 10% in the next fiscal year.
- Assist with the rollout and ongoing work related to branding.
- Together with the Department VP and Director, increase the average number of press hits by 15% per quarter by building and maintaining monthly communications with reporters with press pitches, drafting and sending press releases, and managing the logistics of media requests.
- Organize and maintain press hits in a centralized location (including written, video, and radio clips) and maintaining them on a press page on our website.
- Work with Director to design materials for the organization and various departments that are in line with Selfhelp branding standards. Coordinator should have basic graphic design skills to reduce use of outside vendors and consultants across departments.
- Write and send regular eblasts and communications to both staff and external partners, including monthly ACE award emails and quarterly objectives updates.
- Liaise and support program staff with communications needs, including the development of materials and email communications. This task will maximize efficiency for program staff who send out information through email marketing platforms.
- Assist program staff with advertising initiatives by researching costs, developing proposals, and designing advertisements.
- Prepare testimony for various legislative and governmental hearings with the goal of an External Affairs staff member submitting or testifying at two hearings per quarter to raise the visibility of Selfhelp and our funding needs.
- In coordination with Director and VP, assist with the development of the organizations annual report.
- Assist with some administrative tasks as requested including scheduling media opportunities for clients and staff and meetings with elected officials.
Knowledge, Skills And Requirements
- Knowledge of social media platforms, analytics, graphic design (Photoshop or InDesign) and video editing skills
- Bachelor s degree in communications or a related field.
- 2-3 years in communications or public affairs.
- Sophistication and maturity to publicly represent Selfhelp to government and other external colleagues
- Superior writing and oral skills, and ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to utilize current and forthcoming systems such as Constant Contact, Hootsuite, Google Docs, WordPress, Squarespace, etc.
- As evening and weekend will sometimes be required to attend meetings and events, this position will work with Director/VP to develop a schedule that meets a 35 hour work week.