Leidos – Reston, VA
Leidos is seeking a Communications Specialist to support strategic communications initiatives that effectively position Leidos as a thought leader and respected corporate citizen in core markets.
The ideal candidate is knowledgeable about federal contracting, is a strong communications project multitasker, and has experience working in a fast-paced corporate communications environment. This is an individual contributor position that requires an enthusiastic communications professional with the ability to support strategic communications projects that range media and analyst relations support to short form content creation to intranet maintenance to event coordination. Some travel required.
The candidate will support the work of others in the same reporting structure as needed, and he or she must also work well with other communications functional areas including internal communications, branding, marketing/tradeshows, digital, creative, corporate events, and community relations. Analyst and/or media relations experience is a plus.
- Support media and public relations activities as needed including press release drafting, media story monitoring, media list creation and maintenance, and media event coordination
- Support analyst relations activities as needed including market research, analysis, reporting, and presentation preparation
- Research, organize, write, edit, publish, and present short form content for enterprise campaigns
- Support executive/SME talking point development and award nominations as necessary
- Project manage or support community relations events and special projects, including vendor coordination
- Interact with key internal contacts frequently to gather and catalog data for use in weekly reports, enterprise campaigns or other projects
- Maintain intranet site
- Become a subject matter expert on a communications workflow tool
- Bachelors degree (preferably in Business Administration, Communications, English or Journalism) 6-8 years of communications experience, with evidence of increasing responsibility
- Knowledge of federal contracting
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and deadline-orientation
- Ability to prioritize reported activities and paraphrase for leadership viewing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Analyst, media relations and/or public relations background is a plus