Job Location1817 - Community Rehab Provider -CRP - Various locations, CT
Position TypePer Diem
Education Level4 Year Degree
Travel PercentageRoad Warrior
Job CategoryNonprofit - Social Services Summary Statement
The Community Engagement Specialist (per diem) works to develop and maintain community relationships with various businesses, organizations, and other groups to support the vocational abilities of individuals with disabilities. This role will assist in promoting Oak Hill services and centers within various communities across the state completing activities specified by the Manager of Employment Services in keeping with the Oak Hill mission statement. This position is a key member of a collaborative team which provides services aligned with best practice. This is a per-diem position in a fast-paced, non-profit organization, with a high concentration of hours in June, July and August. There will be projects and ancillary assignments to assist the Manger of Employment Services, on an as-needed basis.Essential Job Duties
1. Develop sites dedicated to employment-related services, internship development, volunteer opportunities, and community exploration and integration development for individuals with disabilities.
2. Develop relationships and promote Oak Hill services to businesses and community organizations, including but not limited to locally owned businesses, corporate offices, Chambers of Commerce, Rotary Clubs, etc.
3. Engage individuals with disabilities and establish trusting, collaborative relationships directed toward the goal of competitive employment in an integrated job setting.
4. Provide on-site support and follow-along services to assist client in maintaining employment, as referred.
5. Assist in the development of a bank of businesses to be used within various DORS regions and market Oak Hill to meet both agency and business needs.
Education: Bachelors Degree in vocational rehabilitation, psychology, social work, or related field, or business and marketing communications field. Skills/Training/Experience: 1-2 years experience working in a social service setting with individuals with disabilities; Computer literate; Ability to understand labor market to analyze data and prioritize into community development Competency: Sales ability to effectively network with others and influence business decisions, persistence to continue a course of action in the face of adversity to businesses turning them away, analytical thinking to anticipate problems and develop contingency plans to deal with actions on the worksite
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: 3-4 years experience working in a social service setting with individuals with disabilities and specific experience as a job developer for underserved populations.
DICK'S Sporting Goods - Waterbury, CT
Oak Hill - Bristol, CT
Macy's - Farmington, CT
Mental Health Connecticut, Inc. - Bridgeport, CT
Columbus House - New Haven, CT