Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst Corporation has grown to become one of the largest companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies List. With over 14,000 employee Team Partners and more than 250 facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us apart from all other companies is that we still function as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst, youre family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting from within. In fact, most of UniFirst s Senior Managers have come from within the Company. Opportunities are endless for those individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a passion for delivering quality customer service, both internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst can take you.
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
- RRSP with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 30% Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Program
The Compensation Analyst is a member of the Total Rewards team working under the general direction of the Total Rewards Manager. The Compensation Analyst is a forward thinker and subject matter expert in compensation. Responsible for designing, evaluating, implementing and administering compensation plans and programs. Plays an integral role in analyzing internal and external data to provide recommendations regarding compensation practices.
- Conducts internal and external market research, analyzes competitive position and market trends, and makes recommendations for base salary structures, market adjustments, and variable pay programs
- Manages the annual merit increase process to include merit planning worksheet preparation
- Performs job evaluations on new and existing positions and facilitates the process of determining appropriate pay grades, job codes, and regulatory classifications
- Participates in compensation surveys to collect and analyze salary data to determine the company s competitive position
- Maintains and updates compensation-related data within the Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Stays abreast of new compensation trends and legislation
- Maintains job descriptions to ensure compliance and consistency
- Develops and provides compensation metrics and analytics to senior management
- Performs audits to ensure positions are classified appropriately per FLSA guidelines and other federal and state legislation
- 1-3 years of experience in Human Resources and experience in Compensation and HRIS is highly preferred
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint skills
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze and work with large sets of data
- Strong understanding of HR processes, data and HR Technology (PeopleSoft experience is a plus)
- Strong project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to effectively communicate (oral and written) to all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws